Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

In a few weeks I will be moving west, from Ontario to Calgary, AB. The difference in altitude is roughly 3000 feet. Will this have much/any impact on how my stock 2010 runs? Would it be worthwhile jetting or shimming the carbs? Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Alan

· Premium Member
22,719 Posts
Are you moving UP in altitude? If so often times Kawi has "high elevation" jets. For higher elevations the jets are SMALLER than factory. Seeing as the air is less dense you need LESS fuel... But seeing as the factory bikes are already kind of lean you should be (IMO) good with leaving well enough alone.

· Powerhungry
39,293 Posts
Are you moving UP in altitude? If so often times Kawi has "high elevation" jets. For higher elevations the jets are SMALLER than factory. Seeing as the air is less dense you need LESS fuel... But seeing as the factory bikes are already kind of lean you should be (IMO) good with leaving well enough alone.
agreed.

run it first, and see how it is. you might not need to change anything.

you may notice a decrease in power tho. thats a fairly instant change. versus riding from sea level to 3,000 ft.

· Registered
4 Posts
So what would one do if they wanted to take a ride through the mountains which take you up near 10,000ft above sea level? Will it run so rich it would bog down?

I'm a noob when it comes to carbs, so I'm interested in what the answer is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.