Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I get about 135 miles per gallon before the gas light turns on..

it averages about 35-38 MPG max..

I had an r1 that got 40-45 thats more HP and displacement..

I do ride 3 or 4th gear normally in the canyons about 9k -12k rpm.

Its not about saving gas.. I am just wondering if there might be something wrong..

My air filter is decent, it has a 2 bros slip on.. O and I did the jumper mod..

if this jumper mod is causing a drop in mpg I will take it out.. Lets face it I dont really need an extra 5 hp on the streets.. track yes..

any ideas??

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I'm averaging 27mpg. I think I must have a really rich map on my PC3. It's a custom map. I have an akra slip on, jumper mod and +2 in the rear. Licht comes on at like 102 miles.
edit. I do tend to ride rather harshly also though...

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
My bike

2006 ZX6R (mods in sig)

Stock - 42mpg

DynoJet map - 27mpg

Xtremewlr - 37mpg
Ya, I think maybe the map is fine but I might have the accel pump settings to rich or something. Need to fiddle with that. Power is still good tho. Not too worried about what my mileage is right now tho, I am shopping for a second bike for street duty so I can make the 636 full time track duty. Might be an 05 R1 in my near future...

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
sounds about right to me, i get about 25-30 when i'm really getting it but if i'm crusing your talking maybe 35-38, hell i don't pay much attn i just ride the thing till the light comes on

·
Registered
57 Posts
earlier this yr i took a trip of a lil over 2hrs on the interstate avg speed prolly 75-80ish and i got 45mpg outta it......

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
io guess I am ok.. just wierd that im getting more from a liter bike..

O and IB dont have a pwr commander..

If I did not buy the bike with a pipe I WOULD HAVE LEFT IT STOCK.

2 ROS LOOK COOL BUT ITS WAY TO LOUD.. ESPECIALLY AT 10 RPM.. WHERE i normally leave it at twisites.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
yeah mine is low...used to be like 36 stock....now like 26-28

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Last time I checked I got 58 mpg out of my bike. Neener neener :D

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
track 60miles empty from full tank on a track day.
that's funny. my last bike (98 zx9r) didn't have a low fuel light and i ended up running out of gas on the track a couple times. once in turn 1 at road america and again coming out of turn 3 at gingerman. i was able to get it running again by switching to my reserve, but that kind of riding made the switch VERY slow to respond. i hope the low fuel light on my new bike makes life easier for me at the track...

s3aturnr

1 - 20 of 67 Posts