Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is specifically for Brisbane based Aussies. I heard from a couple of mates in cages that they had resurfaced the far side of Mt Glorious, with really rough, loose asphalt that was kicking up rocks from the tyres and basically made the road completely unsafe and unusable for bikes. Rumour has it this was done on purpose.

Anybody heard about it or seen the condition of the road now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Cal..

Yeah. going back down the hill back towards fernvale the road is stuffed....:(

I was up there on the weekend and alot of the riders up there (about 45) said only 3 guys have been back down that side of the hill. The state of the road is absolutely appauling. Rocks everywhere, poor road etc.

I hope it wasn't done on purpose.........:(

Going up the hill from Samford wasnt to bad.

(This was coming from riders with ALOT more riding experience then me):D

·
Registered
346 Posts
the road is shit as, there are tons of signs with pictures of bikes on them saying SPEED KILLS and ACCIDENT AREA, apperently up that way a little bit back a couple guys were coming round a corner @ 200+ and hit some old peopl pulling out onto the road with a trailer, both killed instantly.

Life is short, enjoy it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I remember the article in the Courier Mail. The speedo on one of the bikes was stuck on 190kph. Apparently there were 3 of 'em, the third guy was lagging behind them wasn't involved in the accident. I know the roads around there well, these guys were just going too fast in the wrong place, and I think Main Roads has decided to take steps.

I'm gonna drive the car around there first and scope out the road before I take the bike out there again.

:(

·
Registered
346 Posts
just go over once, slow, then if its good & clear of pigs come back with a bit more speed

Life is short, enjoy it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rode over there today, it's fine on the Ferndale side for most of the trip. It is worst in the very tight, steep part about 1/2 way down, very loose and spitting stones everywhere, once you get past that it's fine.

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636
It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I haven't been that way yet but i can imagine the state of the road if it's anything like the other road projects that have been going on around brisbane[eg.traffic abortions or road pacifiers as they are called][}:)]just to mention one, which look really pretty[?] but when the rest of the road they are put on are still left looking ratshit[potholes etc[xx(]] then it doesn't surprise me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah I think those were the bikes involved. They came around a blind corner and hit a caravan coming out of a side street or driveway. The police who attended the crash thought that the caravan was a box trailer when they first arrived as it had been absolutely obliterated. I had thought the accident was on Mt Mee not on Mt Glorious though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.