Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1) About a week agao my battery died. Oh well, 30$ and I get a new one, w00t. I full the fluids up, trickel charge it for a day, let it it, refill fluids, and charge for 3 hours. It worked excellent, untill yesterday. DEAD. I test the charging system on my bike, it don't work, my buddy accadentally hit the throttel(so he says) and it charged, but it only charges above 7500 rpms. I don't ride there all the time, because my bike is loud and i got to ride in closely packed areas and don't want a ticket, but as soon as i get out onto an open road... Well, that is another story. Any ideas?

#2) I was geting tires of the stickers on my tank, the Kawasaki ones. All faided out white barely readable, so I go to the parts store. They want 20$ each for thease damn things! Screw that. So I go to this place like 3 min from my house that makes custom stickers and graffix (I may have a job there soon, I took the classes on photoshop and they wanted to know if I would work there;)) and they want like 10$ for both. Hellz ya. So I begin taking off my old stickers with a heat gun and some 3M adheasive remover, just as they said. It took me 3 days to get both of them off. What the hell do they use for glue? Anyway, during that 3 days, I go over to my buddys house. He has put on and taken off so many stickers on his DRZ400 its annoying. He says bring it in the garage, I do. he brings out a razor knife, I trust him. Then the one sound I hate and I think you all hate, metal vs. metal screach. I look and there is a 2" by 1/8" CUT in my fucking paint!!! Too big to be coverd by the stickers I bought, becasue they have no background, they are just silver metalflake letters. It is 22$ for a .12 oz bottle of this God forsaken paint. I bought it... But I have no idea what I am doing. It is 200$ for the local paint shop to re-paint my tank, even if I strip it myself. So, how do I repair a scratch like that? Yes, it is down to the metal.

#3) Ok, I love corners, as well as you all. But, I had to weld my exaust today, I leaned so far over I scraped a hole in it about 1/2" long by 1/4' wide. Also, I hit the lower fairing on the opposite side in a turn. Any ideas to get more lean? No, I can't relocate the exhaust. It is a Vance & Hines supersport system, full.

#4) Where is the cheepest place on the net to buy chain and sprockets? I might as well have a circle for a front sprocket, it might do more.

#5) Valve tick, how much is normal? I know iron woodpecker is not normal.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
#3 learn to hang off the bike, you shouldnt be scrapping anything but your knee pucks( and thats for the track) i used to drag my muffler on the ground until i learned proper body positioning.
#4 indysuperbikes.com i got the vortex rk racing quick acceleration kit, they had the cheapest price for that particular kit.
#5 make sure its a valve tick and not your cam chain slapping around, they are quite noisy.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it is a valve tick, I already was into the motor, the camshafts are tight in there. Shimms and buckets suck major donkey dick. I HATE them!

Thanks ill be off to buy sprockets.

Mmmmmkaaayyyy.... I am not a squid and slow down for corners, I gain speed in them, so I lean more. Eh, I am still learning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.