Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a muzzy fan blade on their bike? I just got one, but wanted to know the best way to access the fan motor. Do I have to take the radiator all the way off? I thought I heard somewhere that the radiator swings out...is this true? Also, how much plastic do I have to remove? Thanks in advance.

Chasen

You keep campaining for that ass-whooping you might get elected

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you put them on yet? I read a post on another board where a guy described the radiator swinging out. I don't remember where it was though. I also read one where someone said all you need to do in order to instal the muzzy fan is remove the electric moter. Access is supose to be pretty easy. The bracket holding the fan on is secured with three bolts, one on bottom and two on top. One of the top bolts might be difficult to get at. It is real easy to access if you take the tank and air filter housing off. My bike is apart right now because I am looking for the spark plugs.

The bar that the radiator is attached to, the one the fairings bolt too, could be removed with two bolts. That should allow the radiator's lower half to swing forward. That might give you the room you need to get at that third bolt holding the fan on.

I would like to hear how it went for ya. I have been thinking about the muzzy fan too. Does it come with a toggle switch to activate the fan manually? Is the entire fan replaced or just the blades?

Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually, I'm curious as to what are the benefits of getting a Muzzy fan blade. My bike (a '98) tends to run fairly hot riding in stop-n-go city traffic...will the fan help that?

·
Registered
280 Posts
The problem really isn't so much the fan blade as it is that the fan comes on too late. If you get a controller to allow the fan come on at 190/200 degrees, most people would see their stop and go heating problems go away.

Green/Black 01ZX6r. LP LP flushmount v's, tank guard.

96 SVT Cobra Black/Tan Vert 32V. Not stock!

93 Blue Probe GT 24V Commuter car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That was another thing I was thinking about doing. It shouldn't be too hard to wire a switch into the existing wires. That way when you know your gonna be in traffice or city rideing...flip it on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.