Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this seems kinda weird to me. I just bought a full Muzzy system for my '01 ZX6R. When I received it, I was a little surprised to find that all the pipes were about half the dia. of the stock pipes. I mean especially the mid pipe. My stock pipe is monsterous compared to the Muzzy. Am I out of the loop on something here? I know bigger doesn't always mean better but this is drasticly smaller. Any help or explanation would be great. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The stock pipe has some baffling in it including what amounts to a catalytic converter so the diameter has to be larger to get the same flow.

·
Registered
89 Posts
muzzy pipes are set up 4-2-1. your stock pipe is 4-1, which gives you more low & midrange.
the full system you have will put the HP in the upper range, you'll be suprised by the differance once you hit 9 grand. BTW you will need to get the bike re-jetted.

word of advise, i have had my system for a few years. the flange that attaches the can to the mid-pipe comes loose and shakes like a leaf. i sent my pipe back to muzzy well after the warenty was expired (90 days) they fixed the problem but it has since resurfaced, so that is something to keep in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.