Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a rattling sound on my bike everytime I ride over bumps.

Turns out my slip on exhaust(muzzy) is not connected tightly to the midpipe.

I took off the plastics and tried to use a socket wrench to turn the bolt that "seems" to squish the slip on to the midpipe. I can't get it to turn any further and I still have a gap.

Is there a plastic washer that connects the two pipes? That bolt doesn't seem to want to turn any further/could be corrosion. What am I missing? Thanks for your help.

Gene

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you are talking about the bolt that i think you are it is a cheap alan head screw that squeezes it around the mid-pipe. Take out that screw and get a stronger one from lowes that won't snap when you crank down on it and see how that works. Its what i had to do before i got a full system and just had a slip-on cuz i snapped that bolt off as soon as i put any kind of pressure on it! If you are talking about the end of the mid pipe that connects to the header then make sure that the lead gasket is in there or it won't even be close to fitting right and you will have one hell of an exhaust leak!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank guys. I think I'm missing the lead gasket, cuz I see the allen head screw, but my problem is on the next connection closer to the engine. (another 6 inches down).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.