Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my mussy full system in the mail. My question is do i have to go with a jet kit or can i go by muzzys recommendation on tunning the carbs? They say:

Main jets - increase to 152
Raise stock needles to .5mm (.20")
Set the air fuel screws at 2 turns out.

What do you guys think? Aslo if i do have to jet, which brand would go best with this set up? How much should i expect to pay for this job?

If you doin' the speed limt, get da F**K outta my way!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You can probably get buy just following their recommendations. You will end up with more horsepower and a smoother bike if you get a jet kit.

One thing that piques my curriosity is that your bike probably comes with two differenct size main jets. I would call them and ask if you need to maintain this stagger. If they tell you to maintain it, go up the same amount on both jets. Most bike run better with the air bleed screws set out considerably more than 2 turns.

I am not familiar with the Muzzy exhaust. Some jet kits are designed for specific type of exhaust (4into1, 4-2-1). If you decide to get a jet kit you need to make sure it will work well with the type of exhaust you have. I have always had good luck with the folks at Factory Pro. They have good support and knowledgeable people on the other end of their 800 number.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Geo, Good choice on the pipe!

I have the same system on my 01 and it works really well.

To start I would recommend to change the jets as indicated, the inner and outter jets are different sizes. I bough stock jets from Kawi and the spacers to raise the needles. Good quality and saved a bundle because you only need to buy two larger jets and you use two that are in the bike.

Currently my settings are as Muzzy indicates and it is as smooth as glass.

If you're looking for more power than I would suggest going up two sizes of jets all the way around and adjust the air fuel mix.

Badassjake from this forum can vouch for the ride and he did most of the work so you can ask him for details on how long it took.

Hope it helps!

Green 2001 with Full Muzzy, LP stuff & more
Go green or go home!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.