Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys heres the deal. I dont usually sell my used parts cause everybody likes to piss and moan about prices and condition of things so i tend to accumulate a lot of stuff. There seems to be alot of interest in these 998 kits so here is you chance to score one CHEAP!

This is a GOOD, working, 998 kit. About 500 street miles on it, and a few weekends at the track. I ran this kit before i put my serious motor together. Its been sitting on the shelf and it should go to use.
Bike went 9.37 @ 147 mph with this kit. Your bike will run hotter but not over heat, that was never an issue and i rode on some freaking hot days! I have instructions for the head mod on 98-99 models.

I know this should be in the classifieds, but im going right for the target here.

-----Price is $800 firm, no gaskets.----
-----has all rings, pins, and clips-----
-----Pay-Pal only------
----sorry, been ripped before-----
---with bogus checks----
You can get gaskets right from Muzzy if you like

Here are a few pics

·
Registered
507 Posts
chris...very tempting...but my wife would F'ing kill me if I brought that home... "Look honey-- i got this for more power...." POW [B)]/ZING[B)]/ZONK[B)]/ZOWEE[B)]CRASH

....GET OUT !!....

but if i was single and didnt have 2 kids.....

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by ZX9PILOT
chris...very tempting...but my wife would F'ing kill me if I brought that home... "Look honey-- i got this for more power...." POW [B)]/ZING[B)]/ZONK[B)]/ZOWEE[B)]CRASH

....GET OUT !!....

but if i was single and didnt have 2 kids.....
HAHAHA!!! that is very true!! i know exactly what you mean. I once got a charlie horse from HELL, when i spent some "vacation" money on a set of tires!

Chris

·
Registered
218 Posts
What all did you have to do to install it in the 98/99 motor. How simple is it,can you post the instruction if you have them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Damnit..... why now I have money and all but not sure if I wasnt to do all the work......[}:)] Is this $800 installed:D

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure can post instructions, hope it is readable. the original is kinda dark. Ncboost, too bad you dont live close by, id have no problem helping ya do this.

·
Registered
803 Posts
so someone with a 2001 head wouldnt need to do the mod? I know of someone who may be interested

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Correct, 2001 would not need anything done to it. NinetySix, I've never sent anything out of the country, but i can try! dont think it would be an issue. How does the exchange rate work?

Chris

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by That 9
so this kit would work on a 2000 9r? i ask b/c everyone that posted has a 98-99 9r.
Sure will! and you dont need the head mod,

Chris

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by ponezxr
How Hard is it to install yourself
If your good with tools and bikes in general and follow a manual,you can do it. Helps if your a very neat, worker. It would be best if you have been in motors before.

everybody learns some way

Chris

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok how bout this, willing to work a trade for any of the following

03-05 stock ZX-10r wheel or wheels (front, rear or both)
after market ZX9 wheel or wheels (front rear or both)
00 or newer ZX9 upper race fairing(no headlight cutout, used is fine)

Chris

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I figured id just save you a little time in the dog house!.....LOL! Just looking out for ya, hard to ride with wifeys foot in yer azz!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.