Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about getting the Muzzys Oval Slip w/ black cap for the 05/06 zx6r. Does anyone have any pics of this exhaust using the included fender elim kit? Also if anyone has pics of this exhaust using Bertja's Elim Kit that would be helpful also. I currently have one of those on backorder.

I did look through the exhaust thread and saw a few on there, but looking for more.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice set-up. I think I'm going to go with Bertja's kit and an integrated CA tail light. I'm an akra guy, but I really like this pipe. It looks like it fits the bike perfect, and I like the tip better than the akra. The only thing I dont like is the polished part, but I'll have to deal with it.

How does the pipe sound compared to the akrapovic? I like loudness, but the pipe has to have a good tone.

·
Registered
463 Posts
hey mack, any sound clips of the muzzy?

·
Registered
121 Posts
muzzys was one of my choices when i was looking for an exhaust but ended up with a jardine. hey mack82097 how does the muzzys sound? BTW did those signals come with the exhaust and fe? do they mount like the stock signals with those little brackets holding it on?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Muzzy's is louder than the Akra, but not as loud as the Micron can. I'd call it middle-of-the-road as far as sound volume. It's a nice deep sound, and I really like it. The signal didn't come with the Muzzys. I ordered them from Clear Alternatives. They mount up in the stock positions...took a few minutes to install. I like the look better than the stock lights.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
i think the muzzy sounds horrible. very raspy, high pitched, etc... I guess I just love the deep sound of akras.

·
Registered
463 Posts
scare your just a hater bro i havent seen you post up one positive remark on any exhausts yet unless its a AKRA..wait let me guess you have the akra hahaha go figure..no one wants your input if its just neg.

kevin..that black muzzys looks really good on the 06 black 636!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I SAID ARATA WAS GOOD IN ANOTHER THREAD. So all opinions and comments must be positive? use your brain.

also, i'm stating my opinion on the sound and what I've heard. If someone asks, why am I not allowed to voice my opinion? Can I bash those who say they love their yoshi and how everyone should get yoshi?

You didn't think this through before posting did you? have you yourself heard the difference? I have and I think that puts me in a good position to state MY OPINION, on both.

Sorry i'm not a follower and didn't get a yoshi!

btw, kevin's muzzy is just like the others. the end is black, however, the can is SS. I see you're very observant.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Originally posted by drunknboatin

kevin..that black muzzys looks really good on the 06 black 636!
Thanks!!! I wish they would have offered an all black can but mine is the stainless can.

I like the Muzzy's look and sound. I really don't care who else likes it...it's MY bike. I wanted something that was not seen in every other picture of a ZX6R. I like to stand out and do things a little differently. When I had a GSXR, everyone and their momma had a Yoshi can on it; I put a Two Brothers on mine. When I had my two R6's, everyone and their aunt had an Akra; I put a Devil on mine.

Oh well...to each his own.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Originally posted by scare
I SAID ARATA WAS GOOD IN ANOTHER THREAD. So all opinions and comments must be positive? use your brain.

also, i'm stating my opinion on the sound and what I've heard. If someone asks, why am I not allowed to voice my opinion? Can I bash those who say they love their yoshi and how everyone should get yoshi?

You didn't think this through before posting did you? have you yourself heard the difference? I have and I think that puts me in a good position to state MY OPINION, on both.

Sorry i'm not a follower and didn't get a yoshi!

btw, kevin's muzzy is just like the others. the end is black, however, the can is SS. I see you're very observant.
no really..? i must have missed the SS part that was just jumping out at me..wow i really must not be very observant! oh wait..actually i noticed the end was all black vs. ss therefor its as black of a muzzys can as you can get..some people on this site i swear its all about akras oh and wait the ARATA sorry scare i have never seen you say anything pos. about any other can than the akra i must have missed that thread

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
well, when it comes to performance, quality etc.. there are only a couple I would recommend for the kawasakis. Like I said, people say yoshi because they know someone who got it and it sounded nice. Sounds like what people did when they bought their suzukis. Why do what others have done just because its popular? Yoshi is more popular, but not the best.

If someone asks for help, wouldn't you direct them towards the best and let them decide? If its a money issue, then purchasing a 8-9k bike should've been thought out a little more.

I'll find the thread that I said Arata was good. I also think Arrow has good exhaust, but you need the full system with a pcIII to really enjoy arrow.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I got the black ZX6R and im also looking into the muzzy with the black end cap. I wish it was all black! That would look sick!!

Im not sure how this pipe sounds though. Ive also been looking into the acrapovic titanium exhaust with the carbon fiber end cap and still searching my options.

How is this pipe for performance compared to the akra? Looks like it has a nice fit and i like the style. I just wish the canister was black as well but im sure i could live with it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Originally posted by scare
well, when it comes to performance, quality etc.. there are only a couple I would recommend for the kawasakis. Like I said, people say yoshi because they know someone who got it and it sounded nice. Sounds like what people did when they bought their suzukis. Why do what others have done just because its popular? Yoshi is more popular, but not the best.

If someone asks for help, wouldn't you direct them towards the best and let them decide? If its a money issue, then purchasing a 8-9k bike should've been thought out a little more.

I'll find the thread that I said Arata was good. I also think Arrow has good exhaust, but you need the full system with a pcIII to really enjoy arrow.
So I guess we have a forum Guru who has tried every aftermarket exhaust for the ZX6R??? You are basically saying that if one doesn't have an Akra, Arrow, or Arata the exhaust is not worthy to be on a Kawasaki? WTF??? Who the hell died and made you the exhaust king??? Please show me where it is documented showing the test results of ALL aftermarket exhausts and the Akra, Arrow or Arata are the only ones worthy.

A slip-on is a slip-on. There is hardly any performance gain. It is a matter of opinion and how much you want to spend on a noise maker. Do you even have a bike? IF so, I bet you think the color that you selected is the BEST color and anything else sucks. IF you have a Kawasaki, I bet you frown on anyone who rides anything different.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Originally posted by kevinmcdade

So I guess we have a forum Guru who has tried every aftermarket exhaust for the ZX6R??? You are basically saying that if one doesn't have an Akra, Arrow, or Arata the exhaust is not worthy to be on a Kawasaki? WTF??? Who the hell died and made you the exhaust king??? Please show me where it is documented showing the test results of ALL aftermarket exhausts and the Akra, Arrow or Arata are the only ones worthy.

A slip-on is a slip-on. There is hardly any performance gain. It is a matter of opinion and how much you want to spend on a noise maker. Do you even have a bike? IF so, I bet you think the color that you selected is the BEST color and anything else sucks. IF you have a Kawasaki, I bet you frown on anyone who rides anything different.
This is getting kinda funny. lol
Scare: Since you know alot about the acrapovic, i want to ask you a question. Im about to buy the full acra titanium exhaust for my bike with the carbon fiber end cap. How loud will this be? I have heard that the acra is not much louder than stock. Is this true? I want something i will clearly be able to hear when im riding. I dont like the gutted exhaust sound but i do like for it to be loud with a nice tone to it. What do you think?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.