Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just looked at ebay and they have some front brakes off a Brutale and also the 750 F4 6 pot nissins and was wondering if anyone knows if they fit 04 ZX6RR?

Also if it would be better then the 08 Nissins off Kawas or the one im really looking into 05-08 Yamaha R1's

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
As far as I know the Italian bikes use different spacing between the caliper mounting bolts than the Japanese bikes do. Might need to do a little more research on this.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
hm, whats the story on the R1 calipers?

back to back, the kawi w/nissin's stops MUCH better than the R1 w/SS lines
Compared to my buddies R1, the 05-06 ZX6R brakes I have on my bike give better braking performance and feel. Mine are stock with EBC HH pads. I was talking to a AFM racer that races a Ninja 650 with a ZX6R front end like mine, he said the big gain with using the R1 calipers is that they are smaller and lighter, not so much in actual braking performance.

Some people have had problems with their Tokico calipers, but mine are great. Good enough I accidentally did a little stoppie at 70mph one finger braking last weekend. I'd say they are the best I have ever ridden on.

·
Powerhungry
38,381 Posts
Compared to my buddies R1, the 05-06 ZX6R brakes I have on my bike give better braking performance and feel. Mine are stock with EBC HH pads. I was talking to a AFM racer that races a Ninja 650 with a ZX6R front end like mine, he said the big gain with using the R1 calipers is that they are smaller and lighter, not so much in actual braking performance.

Some people have had problems with their Tokico calipers, but mine are great. Good enough I accidentally did a little stoppie at 70mph one finger braking last weekend. I'd say they are the best I have ever ridden on.
dont get me wrong, his brakes are good. just, mine are better, with the nissins.

im thinking a set of nissin calipers would be an upgrade fo the R1...not the other way around.

besides, the nissins look MUCH better.:p

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okie dokie, I'll just wait till the price of the bastards comes down. Until then i'll invest in some braided lines and HH pads.

Thanks for info guys

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think the r1 have a better look that was the main reason I got them. Also I think they are designed to be use with 310 rotors but I could be wrong on that. also 600s weigh less than 1000 so that could always affect how the levers feel. Plus it also depends on the lines you run the fluid you use, how new the fluid is, the pads and their material, and rotor size. Also how good your bleed job is there are so many things that affect braking feel at least in my opinion. You could have the best set up in the world but if you have shitty fluid and a poor bleed job you wouldn't get very good lever feel due to brake fade and air in the lines right? these are my opinions and Im no mechanic so correct me if Im wrong just my 2 cents on the matter.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
To the original OP = the six pots on the Brutale or more importanly the 750 F4 are non-radial mount; where as the 04 ZX6RR has radial mount calipers. Which would require installation of new brake bosses (fork bottoms). Not worth it, also in many reviews the six piston MV brakes were rated on par with the six piston Tokico (ZX6,ZX9,ZZR) but with a lack of intial bite (probably more of master cyclinder).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts