Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Finally I've scanned the dyno runs I've made. Here goes...

1st service:
03-Jan-2003 - 917 km on the ODO, full stock

RED: roll-on in 5th, before service
BLUE: roll-on in 5th, after 1st service and carburators tuning
GREEN: roll-on in 3rd, than 4th, 5th and 6th, after 1st service and carburators tuning. 113.7 hp at the crank.

2nd service:
25-Mar-2003 - 5717 km on the ODO, full stock

RED: roll-on in 5th, after 1st service and carburators tunning
BLUE: roll-on in 3rd, than 4th, 5th and 6th, after 1st service and carburators tunning. 113.7 hp at the crank.
GREEN: roll-on in 5th, after 2nd service and carburators tuning
YELLOW: roll-on in 3rd, than 4th, 5th and 6th, after 2nd service and carburators tuning. 116.6 hp at the crank!!

I've made another run after 3rd service (aprox. 10000 km on the ODO), but I didn't scanned it yet. Anyway... yesterday I went to fit Dynojets, K&N and... Ti Akrapovic!!! WOW!! The bike is running great, you can really feel the extra power!! Can't wait to get it to the dyno again, certainly next week. I'll post the new graphs then!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
No Dman, 116 hp @ the crank... So subtract about 10-15% of that to get the rear wheel hp.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You are right, MaDgamER. The power is at the crankshaft (cambota in portuguese, as you can read in the scan). However, the "real" measure (or so is considered) is the roll-on, whitch ranks at 111.1 hp. Kawasaki declares 113 without ram-air, so I guess it's just about right (they always "lie").

Anyone agrees?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Some European countries like Portugal use metric horsepower, which is less than the standard in the US and yields higher numbers. Metric horsepower is known in French as cheval vapeur, which is what the acronym cv on the chart stands for.

One metric horsepower is about 0.9862 SAE horsepower. So 111.1 metric horsepower equals 109.6 SAE horsepower at the crank, or perhaps 93 to 99 SAE horsepower at the wheel, which is quite average at best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.