Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doing a little winter rebuild. painting the frame,swingarm,subframe black.painting the new fairings and tank white. clutch rebuild,rear tailight,plugs,oil pan gasket,fork seals,brake pads,and some other little things.so far about to throw the engine back in this weekend,but gotta wait till late next week for fairings and tank to be done. just wish i took more pics,bike needed alot of attention.will get more pics when assembling.
before

engine out of chassis and freind with a dumb grin

frame,swingarm and subframe sand blasted,prepped and primed

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks its just alot of work between sand blasting then priming resanding and all. cant wait to be done and enjoy it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm going semi gloss white,think that will look good with the black frame,subframe,and also painted my lower triple black.havent seen any white with black frames yet.not sure what type of cage it was but i sold it on craigslist a while ago,still gotta get rid of a 12 clock bar and huge rear sprocket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
do you have any pics of the front end? I like how you did the headlights looks tight. Did you just bust the lens out and mount the lights?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i took the headlight out and mounted fog lamps,but puting headlight back in,was like that when i bought it.i had to buy a headlight.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a little update,i have the motor back in and just waiting on my fairings to show up.hopefully thursday or friday.sorry bout crappy pics, were taken with my phone i dont have a camera.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no its just high temp paint,due to financial issues lately cant afford the powdercoat ha ha,but if i have the money in summer time or even next year will get redone,pretty easy to tear it down,so well see.getting mad that fairings arent here yet,ordered over 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
best pics i could get from my phone,light reflects off the white too much,i need a camera ha ha. so far just tank,undertail,rear cowl and rear hugger

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so now i'm just waiting for the side fairings to show up,why they send them in 2 seperate boxes at different times beats me. and will never buy these fairings ever again,had to drill holes and everything. they said they came drilled ha ha thats a joke.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts