Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, after a minor incident on the ZR-7S... wifey gave me the ok to upgrade to the 9R that i've been drooling over for a while now.[:M6]

as fate would have it, i came across this 03 ZX9R with 183 (not a typo) miles on it over in coral springs. as the story goes... the 20-something kid purchased it as his FIRST bike.[:M23] he had a low speed get-off and scratched it up a bit, and probably scared the life out of him. he only rode it a few times since '04. he was storing it in his father-in-laws garage and the father-in-law had enough of it and basically *persuaded* the kid to sell it.
anyway, i picked it up tues nite (8/15), started riding it wed nite and now have ~470 miles. awesome bike... everything i expected... and then some.[:M91]

lol some pranksters put bubble soap in the fountain @ our apartment community [:eek:)]

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and close-up pics of the minor damage.

the right clip-on is slightly bent. a bit uncomfortable with the wrist twisted in that manner.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by nhgranite
nice find! love the paint. little different from that zr7 huh?[:0]
thanx... i was really lookin for the '02 gold(copper), but by the time i got over to the area it had already been sold. so i went and checked this one out (at least every1 recognizes it as a kawi). talked the kid down to $5200. it also came with the matching seat cover/cowl and service manual.
and yes it is a bit different than the 7S (doubled the ponies at the rear wheel). i'm putting together a phone list of folks to bail me outta jail... the wifey already said not to bother calling her.

·
Registered
134 Posts
LoL Awesome Bro! Nice BIke! Real NIce BIKE!! Love It! When you coming through this side of the coast?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm thinking about this coming sat. or maybe sometime labor day weekend. but it depends. one of my co-workers is looking to buy a zx10 this week and i may be helping get him set up.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Awesome bike!! Welcome aboard!

btw..I have some plastics for sale in the classifieds...they are silver!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Originally posted by ******

thanx... i was really lookin for the '02 gold(copper), but by the time i got over to the area it had already been sold. so i went and checked this one out (at least every1 recognizes it as a kawi). talked the kid down to $5200. it also came with the matching seat cover/cowl and service manual.
and yes it is a bit different than the 7S (doubled the ponies at the rear wheel). i'm putting together a phone list of folks to bail me outta jail... the wifey already said not to bother calling her.
GREAT PRICE!!! I paid $5,000 for my 2000...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sweet bike man, I have the 03 in silver. It's up to almost 16k miles and no problems, runs strong, starts good, plenty of power... and I did a 2400 mile round trip to NC from NY on it and its pretty damn comfortable, much more than you would think from looking at it alone. Best of luck and enjoy the ride!

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
*sigh*.. reminds me of mine when I first got it...

LOL. I was looking at your pix, thinking to myself... "what's different?" Then I remembered that yours is a stock 9r...nothing glaringly different, just enough to make me look twice.

Seriously, though; you'll love that bike. Treat it right & you won't be disappointed. Enjoy.

ps. who soaped that fountain??? LMAO

·
Registered
717 Posts
Originally posted by anarion55
ps. who soaped that fountain??? LMAO
Haha, good eye!! What is going on back there in that fountain??!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[:M68][:M68][:M68][:M68][:M68]
i was wondering how long or if anyone would notice the foam/bubbles.
apparently, someone dumped bubble bath or dish detergent in the fountain early sat morning. it's was actually higher than that when i first got up (our apartemnt faces the fountain. i laughed and thought, "hey, i need pics of my new whip... that would make a really ghey pic."[:M25] so,i ran out, cleaned the bike and parked in front of the fountain. the maint people were given me dirty looks too... probably thought i was the perpetrator hehehe.

thanx for the compliments folks. yip it's still stock (for now) other than my cheesy custom chopped fender[^]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sweet bike and a hell-of-a-find.....The Cooper one is my favorite too (even though green is the fastest);)
What do you think your first mode will be? Can/exhaust, steering damper, power commander or are you still as getty as a school-girl and just not sure yet?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, $$$ is def' an issue (had to buy replacement jacket and helmet)... and since i weigh less than 150# with full gear and soaking wet, 120+ rwhp is plenty of power for my needs (for now anyway);) if i can't get approval for a slip-on (thinking scorpion), the least i can do is yank the baffles out of the stock exhaust and adjust the mixture on the carb... maybe even yank the enviro/air valve if that seems to be an issue.

as far as visual/cosmetics... the stock blinkers gotta go and i'm looking for a hugger. i doubt i will be doing the undertail, as i prefer what little storage box i have. i also like the look of white-faced gauges. but it all depends.

actually, first priority is to find some sliders and rear stand. pain in the butt lubing the chain without one or a centerstand... oh how i miss my zr7s centerstand already.

as for a steering damper, i'll put that off for a while, as i'm really impressed at how stable the 9r is at speeds *above the posted limit*. as compared to my 7s that would occassionally get headshake up near top speed.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Originally posted by ******

$5200 [:M14] holy mother of god thats an awesome price, not even broken in. here in CT 03's are going for 7000 and up with alot more miles than that. I would have sold my....... well we won't go there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.