Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finished up today...took my time maybe about 3 days--5 light coats of bondo, 1 coat of primer, 4 coats of bedliner spray:

·
Registered
174 Posts
looks pretty good man, glad i dont have a two peice tank on my 07. but it looks like you made due. can you just get a touch up can of bed liner cause you probably don't need that much uh?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks pretty good man, glad i dont have a two peice tank on my 07. but it looks like you made due. can you just get a touch up can of bed liner cause you probably don't need that much uh?
no the bedliner comes in one standard sized aerosol can. 7-8 dollars isn't much $$ lol

·
Registered
406 Posts
yup!-I'm loving this 05-looks 1000 times better than the 03 with the 5 spoke wheels, updated triples/forks, wavy rotors etc....
im runnin 07 6r forks and swing arm on mine....got the 05 wheels just finished it im gunna throw sum pics on here....where u ride at? not tryin to kill ur thread but if u have an 03/04 front fairing or 05 front rim, im tryin to look for one
I got my forks and shit off a wrecked bike and tried to fix the rim back ended up crackin it....I havnt beed able to endos damnit!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im runnin 07 6r forks and swing arm on mine....got the 05 wheels just finished it im gunna throw sum pics on here....where u ride at? not tryin to kill ur thread but if u have an 03/04 front fairing or 05 front rim, im tryin to look for one
I got my forks and shit off a wrecked bike and tried to fix the rim back ended up crackin it....I havnt beed able to endos damnit!!!
nice ya lets see the pics!-i ride up here in Allen!! U from Texas or Indiana? I have a buddy that has tons of 636 stuff his name is Damir and he buys repo bikes--214-718-3296 tell him Alvin sent you----

·
Registered
406 Posts
nice ya lets see the pics!-i ride up here in Allen!! U from Texas or Indiana? I have a buddy that has tons of 636 stuff his name is Damir and he buys repo bikes--214-718-3296 tell him Alvin sent you----
Im rockin up in shitty old indiana....its been in the negatives for the past week and its suppose to get up to 30 this week:Laughing rolling:. This weather sucks....me and a couple of my buddys are gonna put a team together and start doin shows.....and texas is one of the places Iv ben wanting to go!! Ive got that 6r front end on my bike and I cant afford how much everybody wants for a front rim for the 05-08.....Im pretty sure the 03/04 ones swap out with the spacers I have. Im just tried of no endos and having a non stop flat tire!!
Havin some money probs and I cant afford 300 dolars for a damn rim! I know people are sellin the older style for dirt cheap.....Thanks for the number Ill give that dude a call!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im rockin up in shitty old indiana....its been in the negatives for the past week and its suppose to get up to 30 this week:Laughing rolling:. This weather sucks....me and a couple of my buddys are gonna put a team together and start doin shows.....and texas is one of the places Iv ben wanting to go!! Ive got that 6r front end on my bike and I cant afford how much everybody wants for a front rim for the 05-08.....Im pretty sure the 03/04 ones swap out with the spacers I have. Im just tried of no endos and having a non stop flat tire!!
Havin some money probs and I cant afford 300 dolars for a damn rim! I know people are sellin the older style for dirt cheap.....Thanks for the number Ill give that dude a call!!
Damn that sux!--high today is 74, and 79 tomorrow!! Come on down! Warning tho-u might want to stay lol. Cops don't hassle down here either they have better shit to do its great...

Texas was the best move ever coming from the shithole Virginia.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks good about to dent mine and was kinda scared cause ot the 2 piece tank
2 piece tank was just as easy as a regular tank! Believe it or not, i didn't even have to cut, drill or bend the splash guard under the cap...for some crazy reason, theres a hole big enough on the left side of the splashguard that will fit a gas nozzle perfectly into the tank---i can gas up at full strength and not spill a drop of gas!!!!! Man I was stoked about that!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
2 piece tank was just as easy as a regular tank! Believe it or not, i didn't even have to cut, drill or bend the splash guard under the cap...for some crazy reason, theres a hole big enough on the left side of the splashguard that will fit a gas nozzle perfectly into the tank---i can gas up at full strength and not spill a drop of gas!!!!! Man I was stoked about that!!
ya there not like 600rr tanks.....dont even get me started on those...im gunna throw sum pics up here in a little...

·
Registered
64 Posts
oh yeah.... that looks good.... not to shabby for hittin a metal tank with a hammer... LOL....

i think it will be a while befor i need to smash my tank in....

·
Registered
406 Posts
correct me if im wrong but there surfing pads....never used them on mine but heard they rock

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yep i got a giant pad of that stuff from a local wakeboard shop. Unfortunately, just a little gas will take the pad off the tank as fast as it went on LOL.

·
Registered
406 Posts
thats what jb weld is for.....seal up those holes!!! I just love gas ass to....:)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts