Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here it is! on my way to a track day earlier this year my bike fell off the trailer at a rest stop ( tie down broke) luckily i wasnt going very fast (5 mph) the upper fairing and windscreen took the brunt of the damage, so i just stripped it down and ran the track day naked style. the headlights i went with are universal harley jobbers i got off ebay for $35 a peice, mounted with a LP street fighter bracket. bar end mirrors are custom fit third eye bicycle mirrors, they work pretty well i guess. the coolant overflow is made from an aluminum water bottle and some brass pipe fittings. the exhaust is an akropovic evolution i bought with a fubar'ed can, so i chopped it down. sounds great now. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
181 Posts
hehe thats awsome..mines only half streetfighter..jus got the side fairings off:)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Just curious but why does taking the fairings off make it a street fighter.....I thought a streetfighter was a somewhat custom bike....not just a naked factory bike

·
Registered
181 Posts
thats why i said half..

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you mean to tell me those headlights and guage cluster arent custom? what about that overflow bottle? sorry if my bike isnt up to your street fighter standards.

·
Registered
945 Posts
its basically a naked stock sportbike with some new headlights and a water bottle on it (which btw is a neat idea).......street fighter is something alot more custom....like what im building....

Kat frame, 04 ZX6RR swingarm/rear wheel/shock/hugger, gsxr tripples with R1 front end and wheel, 98+ 750 motor OR a gsxr 1100 depending on what i have cash for at the time....cutting the stock subframe off and having a new unit (havent decided what) mounted up.....rear sets from either a gsxr or cbr........

that would be like a street fighter...taking off fairings and sticking on headlights...most fighters are built from misc. pieces and bikes and stuff..not just a stripped stock bike

sorry if I offended you but I guess the more I get into building my fighter the more it makes me wonder why people strip their bikes bare and say "look I have a street fighter now!"

·
Registered
181 Posts
well..i still think his is a street fighter..maybe not full blown street fighter like urs..but its coo for me

·
Registered
181 Posts
i think he was talken more about mine too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.