Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
[:Welcome]

Congrats! Nice bike.
I got the same bike this summer as my first... except I got green.
Its really easy to get used to, great starter bike. Have fun and be safe.
Take the msf class if you havent already.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i wish i could of got the green but they didnt have it when i got mine so i settled for the red, and i did take a msf class

·
Registered
875 Posts
the red still looks good.

btw, there are a bunch of michigan riders who post a lot and a bunch of info about the bike on the ex500riders.com board... but the site has been down quite a bit lately. If its ever back up, def check it out also.

·
Registered
522 Posts
/me runs out to check on my bike...yup, still there

id have to say the red is the sexiest ;) mine is exactly like that save for my shaved down seat due to being a short arse.

and yeah, ex500.com is a wealth of info, its just been undergoing some probs here as of late. first off the hosting company screwed up a whole buncha stuff, then some asshole hacker took it upon himself to completley shut the site down. when i checked today the hosting co had suspended the account so i hope its back up soon. im wondering where everyone else went...cuz they sure didnt come here to kawi forums.

oh and just a tip, when your comming to a stop, make SURE your all the way down in 1st gear. if you roll up in 2nd, 3rd, etc and stop its a PITA to get the bike back down to first and subsequently N. the gears almost refuse to shift if your sitting still, and iv found even rocking dosent really help.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Nice bike, I really like the 500's. My first bike was a new 500 in '94 and loved it. I put a full muzzy on it and it was insane loud.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Originally posted by Mad Mike
Sarachu's sound nice on the 500. If I start modding stuff, that will prob be one thing I do.

sound clips & pics here--> http://www.classicbikes.com/sarachu.html
[:+1]

If you go to my signature link, I have video/sound clips on the Sarachus I put on my wife's bike. Sounds good. It just pops during deceleration. Must be running lean. Might have to get it re-jetted.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
nice bike. looks super clean.

my advice for you, since you are so tall, is to get the woodcraft rearsets. that will stretch you out a little on it and make it less awkward when you're squeezing the tank with your knees (while you're completely off the seat at your track day, that is)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by jay690045
hey whats up this is my 1st bike and im new this whole thing sooo let me know what ya think
I think you look psyched. Congrats on the bike, have fun and don't show off... You ride dirtbikes or anything before this?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Originally posted by jay690045
what exactly do those do if you dont mind me asking? sorry lol im a dumbass i know ha
they are a replacement for the stock rearsets and footpegs.

they will mount up in the same place, but will move your feet up and back a few inches (and thereby move your legs and butt toward the back of the bike)... basically they will make the rider positioning longer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts