Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I layed down my bike saturday night for the 1st time. I was going around an unfirmiliar corner and lost the rear end. Fortunately traffic was light and I was glad to be wearing my gear. No rash but my upper body is a little sore this morning.My baby needs some a upper and the lower fairing, brake rear set,indicator. Well gotta go take some extra strenth anything.[V]

·
Registered
474 Posts
Glad to see you're OK. The bike can be fixed, your safety is what matters. How'd your gear hold up?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was doing about 35 and tried avoiding something that was on the inner line, stood it up and leaned again but was on the outer line and lost it. I can so colse to not losing it I could of taste it until I found myself on my shoulder then my back. I do have full coverage so no problems there. My was wearing a HJC helmet which did its job, My JR blaster jacket bearly shows scuffs, gloves never touched the ground, regular jeans were also unmarked(still a shock to me), and my Alpinestar gps boots have a good scuff mark on the inner sole. Guys wear that gear! Don't matter how it looks and the name you are called at least you will walk away.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have a high end HJC myself. Good to hear you are okay, take about 5 ibprofens or, that will equal 1000mg. When I was in the Marines, and finish a 3 day hump (gear hike), I would be soooo sore that I would take 1000mg twice a day. Just eat something before you take them...it will eventually eat away your stomach lining.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
yeah glad you had boots on, I read somewhere that feet injuries are the most common with bike accidents...

and yet soo many people still wear flip-slips or plain sneakers....

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
gear rules! glad its only minor damage.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well upon geting my bike looked at, it is totaled. The frame was bent. My insurance agency did come through as I got $2200 more than I paid for it. So so auction house will be getting my 1999 w/2200 miles. So the search is on again for a bike.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. my bike was "totaled". I paid the insurance company $500 bucks for it. Trucked it out to the garage of the guy I bought it from and we put it back together with some new and some used pieces. It's not mint, but it runs great and the extra parts and labor only cost me an additional $700 or $800.

It's great that you got such a good settlement! I got a really good one too, but I had to fight for it. Anyways, I could sell the bike with salvage title for 2 -3 times what I have into it now. Or I could have sold it "as is" for $1000 to the guy I bought it from. Or I could have parted it out for more than the $500 the insurance company charged me to buy it back.

You might want to consider making a little extra $$$ by investigating these types of options.

Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.