Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many of the mods on my 08ZX10R I orignally bought new for my 2006 ZX10R model that I bought new in the summer of 2007. Then after seeing the spy photos of the 08 model I held off on installing those mods, selling most of them.

The Marchesini Wheels, Attack Rear Sets and OEM Race Throttle for my 2006 model did not sell, even at cut rate give away prices. So, since I already had them, I started my 08 moding using those items, the Marchesini wheels being the first mod. Then it was a lo$t cau$e after that.

Mods installed that I am currently enjoying:
  • CRG "Folding" levers Brake & Clutch
  • Gold Marcheseni Wheels with Custom Front Wheel Spacers
  • Vortex Marcheseni Sprocket
  • Vortex “billet” Oil fill cap.
  • Michelin PP2 CT's
  • Akrapovic Evolution Full Titanium System
  • Galfer Wave Rotors Front and Rear
  • Galfer HH Pads (front)
  • Attack Rear Sets setup with GP shift
  • Cox Radiator Guard
  • Galfer GP FRONT Brake lines
  • Goodridge Superbike REAR Brake Line
  • Ohlins 08 R&T Forks
  • Ohlins TTX Shock
  • WoodCraft Starter Cover
  • Champs Chain Adjusters (MUCH better design than Gilles Tooling)
  • Champs Fork Sliders with (with 2 Stainless Steel axel tools as part of the design)
  • Pit Bull Swingarm Spools
  • Titanium Brake Caliper bolts
  • Muzzy Block Off Plates
  • Dynojet PC3
  • Kawasaki OEM Quick Turn RACE Throttle
  • Superbike Grips
  • BMC Race filter (to be replaced with street version)
  • Kawasaki OEM BLUE Solo Cowl
  • Evo Tech Tail Tidy (waiting on updated US Tag Brackets to install)
Future Mods:

· Brembo REAR Caliper Kit

Things that are going to stay they way they are:

· Front Turn Signals and Mirrors
· Stock Windscreen

Some of the mods were added after these pix were made so I will be updating the photos in a day or 2. I also switched from a Carbon Fiber Akrapovic Can to a Titanium can as I liked the look of the Ti can better.

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
that is a peice of art. if you do get rid of that mud flap and upgrade the screen itll def be even better looking.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
looks good man. the blue is my fav!!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Holy fistfuck!! That thing is set up.

Nice to see some suspension mods on here.

--David

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the mud flap has got to go....

I purchased an Evo Tech Tail Tidy but it was designed for Euro tags. They sent me some tag brackets for US tags, but they were poorly designed IMO and would not work. So I emailed them back about it and here is there reply:

----- Original Message -----
To: JimmyJam
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:16 AM
Subject: licence plate brackets

Hi,

I have spoken to the designer of our fender eliminator’s – he has realized that when we originally designed the licence plate brackets they were for products made from 3mm aluminium. We now make some of our products out of thicker sheet metal so we need to revise the design of the licence plate brackets and use a longer stud. I am sorry this is not going to help you now and I’m not sure how quickly the new ones will be produced. Thanks very much for pointing this out to us and I will send some more when they are available.

Regards
Heather

I have the tail tidy. If or when I get the correct tag brackets it will be installed. A nice designed kit, overpriced but it uses the stock tag and turn signal lights so no cutting and splicing of wires.

JJ

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
My Kawasaki OEM Solo Seat Cowl came in today. Well worth the money and wait as it is a perfect fit and color match. Also some more pix to update my thread. As I stated in a previous post I replaced my Akra Carbon Fiber can with a TI can. Most people seem to like the look of the Carbon can but I like the TI.

Also a pix of my Champs chain adjusters which is a far better design than the Gilles version.

And a pix of the Ohlins TTX.

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
My Kawasaki OEM Solo Seat Cowl came in today. Well worth the money and wait as it is a perfect fit and color match. Also some more pix to update my thread. As I stated in a previous post I replaced my Akra Carbon Fiber can with a TI can. Most people seem to like the look of the Carbon can but I like the TI.

Also a pix of my Champs chain adjusters which is a far better design than the Gilles version.

And a pix of the Ohlins TTX.

JJ
Im with you, I think the TI looks much better thats why I got the slip-on TI:D not to mention it was a pound less than the CF but what does that really matter anyways:dunno:

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chaching.... that's one sweet ride... do you wipe your ass with 10 dollar bills?

Someone sent me a PM askig me why I didn't submitt my bike for Bike Of The Month. The answer is simple, I don't think my bike is BOTM material.

Anyone with enough 10 dollar bills can throw a lot of expensive mods at a stock bike. Does that make it special? Not in my book. Nice Yes Sir, but special no. Special is when someone does a lot of creative work to a bike, versus throwing a lot of $$$ at an otherwise stock bike.

When BOTM becomes a contest to see who can spend the most money on mods, whats the actual value of the contest? Not much IMO.

I am 49 years old, been contributing to my 401K since the beginning of time and simply saved the 10 dollar bills. Dont have enough to wipe my a$$ with however.

Remember, someone 49 years old has worked and saved money for 28 years LONGER than the average 21 year old that haunts these forums.

I simply spent some of my 401K money.

And although I am a die hard Republican, I have to admit during Bill Clintons 8 years as president (whether it was his doings or not) I made a shit load of money on .com stocks, then got out at the right time.

JJ

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
You should take a little 401K money and buy a camera so I can see your clean bike through the eyes of something else besides a cell phone :D

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, believe it or not, I sold my BLUE 08 ZX10R pictured in this thread.

I was never completely happy with the Blue color, though I tried hard to learn to love it over time. The Gold Marchesini wheels were a hold over from my 06 10R model that no one wanted to buy, as well as the gold attack rearsets. I let all that go with the bike, and removed all the rest of the mods.

This bike is now on WOW motorcycles website as I sold it to them.

I then went and bought me a GREEN 08 10R, which is what I wanted since Orange wasn't available short of commiting a felony, I still have all my mods except the Gold Marchesinis and Gold Attacks.

I bought a set of BST CF Wheels and some Black Attack rear sets, now just got to re install it all.

JJ

1 - 20 of 28 Posts