Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have an 06 636r I havent riden it for a lil over a month. so I went to turn it on yesterday and it wouldn't start. Note I had a minor spill with it a while ago but it was working fine after a few fixes. i had to replace the stator cover. It worked fine though....

So anyways when I turn the key it starts off fine but when I try to ignite it, it has quick repeating clicking noise (sounds like a fan when you stick card in it) It makes me nervous cus I dont want to take the bike to the shop to have it looked at, cant afford it.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! THANK YOU!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I agree with the above post.:D

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
under 11.3 volts the motor will turn over but not start.. simply charge your battery bro

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow really the battery discharges that quickly?
how would I go about doing this do i have to take it out or can i jump start it with a car for example.

Pardon my ignorance.

·
Registered
950 Posts
You can pick up a battery tender at Wal Mart for $20. I'm not sure the manual recommends jumping it, but I never had this situation before, I always just put it on charge.

Also, when you took a spill and replaced the stator cover and all worked fine.... you may have still wonked the stator. If I understand correctly, you'll still get the bike to run, but whether the stator is charging the battery is a diff story. Look for broken/damaged coils on your stator. It's possible between running the bike and it sitting for a while it was enough to discharge the battery to where it won't start.

·
Registered
151 Posts
best way is take the battery out and trickle charge it (low amperage) over night... once it starts try to make it a point to run your bike at least once a week just to keep it charged and to keep everything workin nice...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.