Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most saw my zx6r when i got it, it was ratty, and i will post some before and after pics, i should be getting full fairings off a 00-02 and a race tail off of ringerman02, and it will be blue and black theme. My wheels are both going to be graphite textured black, i just did the rear tonight 8/11 and it looks awsome. I will be doing the frame swingarm, passanger peg holders etc, just need to get the frame welded first where i spoted a crack. My fairings will be all metal specks ocean blue, with the bottom 1/4 of the mid fairing done in the same as wheels, frame etc. Passanger pegs will be same as plastics in color. Polished (well started) on the sprocket, and will do the rear sets also. Need new pegs also the are worn lol. I might tire pen the letters on the tires idk, i need a new front tire as well etc lol. Anyways should be an awsome setup once done includeing ss brake lines carbon fiber accients like carbon colored grips, tripple tree cover, gas cap cover, air duct covers, and eventually maybe a cf hugger or any hugger really.

When i got it:

8/11 Now today with the rear wheel done and shorty pipe due to cracked can

Sorta see what the colors will look like together:

Shorty and rim:

45t Sprocket semi polished:

Wraping it up for the night:

Sunday i will do the front wheel, and swingarm in the graphite color and hopefully i can get my frame welded asap so i can paint it, i might just mask off the area needing welding and get it done and just do the spot once done. I am also waiting on my freind to return my tach welder dent poper so i can fix up my extra tank and paint it.
WILL UPDATE AS THINGS HAPPEN LOL
Ben
To get list:
-Race tail
-00-02 Faring conversion
-Carbon FIber Grips
-Carbon Fiber tank pad
-Carbon Fiber Gas cap cover
-Carbon FIber Upper tripple tree cover
-Carbon fiber air duct covers
-New clutch and brake levers
-Hugger
-Undertail
-New pegs

·
Registered
262 Posts
Nice start to your bike rebuild/makeover. Looks like you have a well thought out list and plan for it. Should look pretty cool when completed.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok guys today i wasnt in the modd to do the front rim, so i just polished up alittle the rearsets, painted the guards blue, and the passange pegs blue and the passanger peg brackets/pipe hanger the graphite color. Tomorrow i hope to do front rim, sub frame, and swingarm. I cant decide if i want to do the swingarm or the subframe in blue, and the other black. My fairings are going to be all blue minus the bottom 1/4 or so black. Just figured i would break up all the black when the frame is done, and though maybe with the swingarm blue the rim would stick out much better etc i dont know. Anyways, there is my update for today.

Ben

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump! And 00-02 is direct swap, you can fabricate a gauge bracket for your gauge cluster, and you need headlights, air ducts, windscreen ( i think) and you will need another headlight plug, you can split your headlight. I actually took a different route and bought Hotbodies racing fairings, with quick fasteners solo tail, chrome like windscreen, and black windscreen bolts. I could not reach ringerman02 and want to finish this up, so i went ahead and ordered what i needed. I talked to the welder today his aluminum welder crapped out the other day and he said maybe soon he can get a new one. So i will be masking off the area, painting around it, and then touching it up later on. I need to pick up more paint on thursday when i have a chance to get off the island i live on and return my battery i got that was wrong. And possibly wed-thursday i will have my fairings idk i got the free usps shipping from 58 cycle and they are in VA and i am in NY. Anyways i haven't done anything on the bike, i have been so busy but this this and next week should be bringing a finish to my bike hopefully after i figure out a headlight i am planning an awesome headlight setup in my mind but idk how it will actually come out when done lol. Anyways keep checking back should be done soon!
Ben

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i glassed up the headlight casing, i am going to sand it down to the exact angle once i get the fairing set, just needed something to start from, after its done drying i plan to take the cardboard mold out and then work on the back of it where the bulb mounts and a nice slope inside instead of a boxy look in the casing so it pushes light in the right areas lol. I think i am going simple on how to reflect it out of the casing using aluminum tape or nicely shaped aluminum sheeting on the inside so the light reflects off of it. Any way pics to come once i get the headlight more so done. I hope it works out, the way i think it up. I think i am going to take the pattern and reflect it and then just mask off and paint it so it gives it a nice equal look (well one light and one black area but still symmetrical), thats if i don't like the one offset headlight look.
Ben

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i got to take pics soon, i am bringking my bike to my moms bf's parents huge paint shop that no one uses anymore and i am going to paint in the booth and work on it there, i cant ride for about 2 weeks anyways now due to i got pulled over yesterday and the cop knows i dont have a license only a permit even know i was within my proper boundries with someone with a license he told all the cops i aint got a license and i will be pulled over if they see me, so i have my road test on the 6th so it should be nice then, i wasnt even joy riding on my riding time, just the 2 minute ride to work and back everyday, but i "accelerated rapidly" from the parking lot at work, and i didnt even know it was a crime to accelerate fast....pisses me off and i hate where i live, but oh well, i guess i can handle 2 weeks of not riding every day just once i get my bike done and i have someone to ride with before i get my license...anyways enough of me venting.
Ben

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok well i am thinking of putting on a devil high mount and 636 headers, i think it will look awsome, Below is a pic of it on a 636, and should look sweet. I got my fairings in today even know its sat, i guess i complained enough for them to get them to me today, look great, and my levers and windscreen. Anyways paint will start sunday i think, i got to mold in the headlight, and cut out the tail light spot and make all the holes first, and thanks to my previous owner cutting off the fairing mounts i will need to get creative but i think i have it covered with some aluminum solid rod and use a self tapping screw and put it in the frame and then thread the peice so i can mount the fairing up to it. I need to get my buddy to pull the dents out of my spare tank so i can body work it. Frame will be black, front wheel will be black, fork tubes black, fairings blue, subframe black, and swingarm black i think too. Anyways all these post and no pics, but here is a pic of the devil high mount, it is smaller them most so i think it will look better.

Ben

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i am bidding on 636 headers, from an 04, and if i win, which i will most likely, i am going to buy a high mount, and maybe my mother will split the cost of it with me for my b-day pres. I started putting my body work on to retro fit it, but the previous owner cut off the mounts for the fairings, so i am getting creative, and the tail was a pain to try to get one i had to remove the black box on the side of the subframe, and all the passager seat latches etc, the body work is not quite as easy to put on as i had hoped but once i am done hacking and grinding etc i can concentrate on cutting the tail for a light and making the headlight setup up front. It looks alot racier then the pics on the hot bodies site, and with the high mount i think it will really look nice. Pics to come maybe tomarrow if i remember the camera when i go to the shop, but i should have all the fairings atleast mounted and lined up right and mirrors and windscreen on also. Looks like a complete diff bike already and i am loving it!
Ben

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.