Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys.. on the 24th i was involved in an accident, cant exactly remember how it happened as i had a concussion followin the accident, all i remember is going 30-40mph into the exit and the rest is history..it was at night time, and my buddy was ahead of me so he didnt see it.. i wound up crushing 25% of my liver, and while in the hospital i had internal bleedin that went thru my diaphragm into my lung forcing it to collapse..2 chest tubes later, and i was released after an 11 day stay in ICU.. thank god i had my icon jacket and helmet, because i wound up with no road rash or scratches.. i never got to see my bike, an 06 zx6 in raw blue but from those who have said it was completely wrecked..insurance company is gonna total it.. the thing that bugs me the most is i cant remember how it happened, i wasnt bein a squid, i guess i just lost control.. anyways, ride safe and wear your gear cause i sure as hell wasnt expectin to go down that night..but hey it happens im gonna heal up, and try n get another bike next summer ride safe guys

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
"i wasnt bein a squid, i guess i just lost control"

That line always cracks me up. I'm glad you came out ok, hope you're out riding again soon.

·
Registered
802 Posts
the concussion you suffered blocked your most recent memory (most likely what you saw, heard, and felt seconds prior to and during the crash) from entering long term or permanent memory. When that happens, short term memory is completely lost and you'll never remember it. When you lose use of long term memory, it usually comes back, because it's not the actually place in your brain that stores the memory that is damaged. It's the conduit that brings that long term memory from storage into the part of the brain that processes it into visions, sounds, feelings, etc. What probably happened was a lose of control somehow, maybe something on the road like gravel, fluid, or rock of some sort. You banged your head and forgot what just happened to you.

Glad to hear you're ok dude. That helmet damn well saved your life. What kind of shape was it in after your crash? Was it cracked?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the helmet came out ok, a scorpion raider, a couple deep scratches but no cracks.. without a doubt id buy another one

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I feel for ya. Chest tubes SUCK!!! My accident was Sunday, July 25th, 2004. Brand new GSXR 600. I actually had my daughter with me. She would NEVER ride on it, but, I had asked her to just go for a quick ride to the Mall. Anyway, I was going 35mph. I saw a truck, about a 1/2 mile in front of me, just sitting, at an angle in the middle left turn lane. So, I'm in the far right lane. Then, at the LAST possible second, he pulls out, staight across two lanes of traffic. I t-boned him. My daughter craushed me against the truck. THANK GOD, I cushioned her fall, as she suffered just a cut knee. As for me, not so lucky. Broken neck(T1, T2), broken shoulder(clavicle, scapula), broke 3 toes(needed suregry, pins), broken pinky finger, puctured BOTH lungs, lacerated kindey, liver, spleen. I was in ICU 2 weeks, and in the hospital almost 2 months total. Be carfeul everyone. Good thing out of all this, my GSXER was totaled, and I got a ZX6R!!

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,304 Posts
Originally posted by hokie636
"i wasnt bein a squid, i guess i just lost control"
So why does that line crack you up? So now EVERY ONE who is in an accident is a squid?? Dude said it was at night so maybe there was something on the road he didn't see...oil...gravel....whatever. Hope you heal up quick, Rawlins31. Sorry to hear about your incident.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the well wishes prs.. im glad you got back on a bike nzane, alot of people are already givin me shit for wanting to get another one next summer.. but i have to, i love riding and i loved my bike.. its a thing of personal pride i think too, to fall and get back up. ride safe always guys..

·
Registered
115 Posts
glad you lived. I guess this is why on the list of 50 tips to stay alive on the bike, one of them states "dont ride at night". Im guilty too, but maybe i need to rethink this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.