Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im sittin on my bike last nite with a girl on the bike. just chillin under the carport...talkin to some friends, drinkin some drinks. they're sittin on their bikes also. the blacktop that we park the bikes on is REALLY soft and will sink the kickstand down about an inch and a half or two after a while. so ive been sittin on the bike for about 20-30 mins and all of a sudden, it just rolls back and falls over. im laying on the ground with the bike still b/w my legs...hit my head on a pole. thank GOD the girl stood up in time to not fall with me. but my bike has some scratches on the left side headlight, new flush mount signal, two spots on the upper fairing, and scuffed up the strator cover. im so upset about this shit right now.[V]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill try to get pics tmw. its not that bad...not noticeable from about 15ft away. its just that transition of going from a brand new looking bike to one with some bad scratches on it..and also knowing it couldve been prevented and shouldnt have happened. im pretty much over it now though...still sux.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Originally posted by RedShft
so im sittin on my bike last nite with a girl on the bike. just chillin under the carport...talkin to some friends, drinkin some drinks[V]
Lol, did the drinks have anything to do with it? Really though, I know how much that sucks. When you scratch it yourself like that, there's no one else to blame it on. I scratched my seat cowl..being stupid, and that made me more mad then if I would have laid it down trying to avoid a crach.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
If you end up looking for another headlight,i would take the scratched up one off your hands...wanting to do a 1 light conversion.
other than that, sounds like i would WTF????

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
damn ashphault, I almost had that happen a few years ago. I finished my trackday and parked the bike to go get my CD of pics from the day, some one came in asking who's bike the green one was. I went outside and the bike was 45 degrees leaned over. kickstand had sunk WAY in, luckly I got it in time.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Buy one of those cheap plastic kickstand pads and put it in your riding jacket. Comes in handy for hot asphalt or dirt/gravel parking lots. Lots cheaper than new fairings. Sorry to hear about it. Mine is still looking good after 6K miles, but I know I'm going to do something stupid and drop it in the driveway or garage sooner or later. Spit happens...

·
Registered
672 Posts
If you must park on the blacktop I would use a piece of wood like a 2x4 but not that thick. It really helps

·
Registered
63 Posts
The real question is... did you spill your drink?

·
Registered
810 Posts
drinks + bitches + bikes = bad idea man . sorry to hear about your fall...it happens to all of us...well..not like that,but it does happen.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Originally posted by pinksnyper
drinks + bitches + bikes = bad idea man . sorry to hear about your fall...it happens to all of us...well..not like that,but it does happen.
Yea sorry to hear that; must be embarassin also to fall like that but shit happens. Just pay more attention to where you park your bike next time, or use a can to put on ur kick stand if u dont have a puck.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I had my old KZ750 actually fall over from its own weight when the stand dug into the tar on a hot day. That was one thing cool about those old bikes...no plastics=very little cosmetic damage in a tip-over.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have a piece of half inch wood that i park the bike on..but i had my buddy park the bike that nite, so i guess he just forgot to do it. im not blaming it on him...cause we shouldnt have been back there anyway. i just took the girl back there to get some alone time for a few mins then two of my other friends walked up and we just started talkin.

and the drink was laying on my buddies car...so no alcohol was wasted. :D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Originally posted by garry
Buy one of those cheap plastic kickstand pads and put it in your riding jacket. Comes in handy for hot asphalt or dirt/gravel parking lots. Lots cheaper than new fairings. Sorry to hear about it. Mine is still looking good after 6K miles, but I know I'm going to do something stupid and drop it in the driveway or garage sooner or later. Spit happens...
[:+1]I got this one for about $2 at my local shop. I keep it in my jacket.

Edit: the nice thing about this is that it's bright orange so you see it and don't ride off without it.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
If you wanna be really cheap, just pick up a flat rock for free anywhere on the green earth and use that.
Cheap insurance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.