Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Legend,Terrific looking bike. So many little things evident here.

1. Slightly higher and much more comfortable bars.
2. Flatter and less forward sloping seats
3. Much lower buddy seat so the passenger won't look like they're sitting on an egg crate.
4. That stubby rear fender will keep things much cleaner in the area. I've polished many swingarms only to have them sand blasted by the rear tire.
5. Bolted rear frame section instead of welded making replacement possible.

Looks like a keeper, to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, i have a question, I drive with the same bike and also want to install an akrapovic can. My question is: Did you feel the diference in power with the can and what improvements did it make to your bike?
Is the acceleration better, does it improve your topspeed, and how much hp do you have now?
Greetzzzzz:D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I think the biggest thing you'll find is the way it FEELS.

It just feels like it revs out a LOT easier. I couldn't believe how STIFLED my last ZX6R felt when I bolted the stock can back on to trade it in, felt like it was struggling to rev.

I didn't need a dyno test to tell me that it didn't feel like it was breathing as well. Almost like a smoker after 10 hardened years chain smoking.

Oh yeah, and it sounded crap too... heh.

We're not talking WORLDS of increased power here remember, sometimes only 2-3hp or so at peak, but you will ABSOLUTELY notice the WAY the bike reaches peak power.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does the 636 feel a lot different to your last zx6? Just asking because I have been out on my first big bike today, an 1998 zx6r and I still can't get the grin off my face!

I am already planning to upgrade to the 636 but I would be interested to hear your thoughts?

Jason

http://www.leagueofgentlemen.co.uk

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Not sure if you were asking me or one of the other guys or everybody in general, but I can't speak for the power difference yet, because there's still snow on the lawns here, riding weather might not come for a month yet (sigh)...

But the ergonomics are sure different than the '98 I had. Much more aggressive, forward riding position, and the bike is some 30 pounds lighter and with lower center of gravity. It feels a lot racier.

I'll let you know about power differences, hopefully within a few weeks.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is for FAST ZX636r,the akraprovic can has done an amazing job,it runs better,sounds like a friggin v twin(very nice sound,very deep rumble),looks better to the eye and lets the bike breath like it was made too,bike is faster on acceleration and top end is better.

"160 mph officer, i have only been out 5 minutes".

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It gets cleaned everytime i come back from a ride so it will always be shiney:D,i also use AUTOMOTIVE silicon polish,it's about £8 a can but it brings it up looking like new,you can use it on all parts of the bike apart from brakes(obviously),and i dont ride it if it's raining,this bike is for dry roads,can't wait till the summer[:p].

"160 mph officer, i have only been out 5 minutes".

·
Registered
226 Posts
WOW. It looks just like mine, except for the can ;)

But I'm saving my money to buy a Ti Akrap, just like yours. They sound great and look even better!

Wilder than the wildest dreams!

·
Registered
784 Posts
SUUUUHWHEEEEEEEEEEEEET...wish my 2000 team green 6R had the 636 motor. Beautiful my friend, just beautiful.

"Ride Safe but embrace the speed." -Ninja 6R

·
Registered
325 Posts
Same ride... minus the can and 36 cc's. Bike looks great,now just great ride of the massive black plastic fender, and your bike will be perfect. Love the shine!

2002 zx-6r
green, of course

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.