Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a damn problem with my bike now..My bike idle around 3000 rpms and doesnt want to go down..I tought it was my idle adjuster cable but its not..I lubed the throtle cable still the same problem,can it be my throtle cable routing??or something else..even the throtle cable undone at the handlebar the bike still has the problem like someone is pulling on the cable...its really gay..

·
Registered
536 Posts
You need to adjust the idle speed screw under the gas tank. Cable wont be any help that has nothing to do with the idle.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where is it exactly..are you talking about the one on the left side of the bike near the coolant overflow tank?or there is another one under the tank...??it feels like a little devil is pulling the throttle cable constantly...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Did you recently change your grips? Could be stuck open a bit? More likely what DDJFLW said, yes it is on the left side, use a small screwdriver to adjust.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Not sure where it is casue i dont have a 06 kawasaki zx-10. My idle screw is under the tank. Check your manual for the exact location. I set my idle at 1250 and then put locktite to keep it there cause vibration seems to back it off a few times on me. When you do set your idle make sure the engine is good and warm because when it gets hotter it may idle higher then what you originally set it at.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its already done....even the 2 cable on the throttle grip is undone and still doing it..probably the routing..I have no idea...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a small bolt on the throttle cable assy just beside the throttle body ...I adjust the slack and now everything is working better than before...awesome...I like my bike so much....too nice!
Kawi rules!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.