Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. new memeber here.

I got a 06 636.

Its got Full Yosh system, BMC air filter, Power Commander (website tune), Jumper mod, and Vortex rearsets.

I am 175 lbs.

now today I raced my friend who has an 06 636 with just a yosh slip on , jumper mod and a K&N air filter. Hes 200 lbs

We went from like 40-170 and we were exactly side by side..

Dont you guys think that I would leave him hard???

I think the power commander is slowing my down honestly.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
:dunno:maybe you just can't ride...no, that can't be it.

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes I know rearsets dont make a bike faster i just said it lol..

And actually I can ride. My friend is probobly a little better than me but we're close

I didnt even grab the clutch in this race once.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Take them both to have a dyno run, the same day. Then you will know if it is the bike or the rider.

I think the problem is somewhere between the seat and the handle bar. The map from a website might be close, but it could be way off too. Have it tuned and you will probably pick up a few ponys.

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I honestly feel like ever since I put on the power commander its slower. Honestly. And I get horrible gas mileage too.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I honestly feel like ever since I put on the power commander its slower. Honestly. And I get horrible gas mileage too.
The maps that Power Commander supplies absolutley suck!! Get a custom tune, the power commander isnt slowing you down its the map you are running. This is the biggest mistake I see people make, they half-ass it! You spend the money on a power commander only to run a website map, spend the money get a custom map and your friend will be a light in your mirror permanently!

Also if you want a little extra pull and a smoother powerband do the KLEEN PAIR mod, I cant stress that enough.

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
why would you be doing 170 on public road?? thats just asking for trouble..
Oh your one of those. Relax bro not like you've ever sped in your life right?

I did it..Yes. Are you a cop..No.

So yea my choice.

1mph over the speed limit or 120 MPH over the speed limit speeding is speeding. ok.

·
Registered
445 Posts
hahahahahahahaha Except when you do 46 in a 45 mph zone you don't go to jail, nor do you risk a horrible horrible crash. But thanks for being an arrogant asshat, the sportbike community needs more people like you :rolleyes:

Oh your one of those. Relax bro not like you've ever sped in your life right?

I did it..Yes. Are you a cop..No.

So yea my choice.

1mph over the speed limit or 120 MPH over the speed limit speeding is speeding. ok.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts