Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got through re-registering my bike last month and she just turned three years old. So I decided to give her a little present. Thanks in part to my buddy TapnRak for sending me the link to Royce636 for the wheel kit(awsome kit by the way). And that's what started it all. Then I got on Ebay and what'd you know, here are some pics of her with new shoes.
before:

front wheel swap

home made front axle tool:

rear wheel swap

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
hahahaha...nice tire mount system! innovation is what keeps us moving ahead right?:D

the wheels look great!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I like the dismounting system, damn nice bike

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about having them powder coated gold or kawi green but when I installed it the OE color closely matches the engine covers and stuff.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by crjbeez
hahahaha...nice tire mount system! innovation is what keeps us moving ahead right?:D

the wheels look great!
Yup, better than paying $40 bucks to have one wheel dismounted and mounted.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Nice job, but I think that you should invest in a manual tire changer. You can pick some up for as little as $100 used.

--David

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Thats a damn fine looking bike.....

If you know anyone else looking for some 05/06 wheels i may happen to have a set available.

·
Registered
153 Posts
looks good man , glad the kit worked out for ya . btw I tried to pm you back but for some reason you have to have 100 post to pm now ? but for your ? you use all the 03 spacers on the front and rear

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by ROYCE636
looks good man , glad the kit worked out for ya . btw I tried to pm you back but for some reason you have to have 100 post to pm now ? but for your ? you use all the 03 spacers on the front and rear
Thanks man. The front spacers for the 05-06 and 03-04 are identical. So are the cush drives and sprocket carriers. Saved me a ton of $$ from buying aftermarket wheels. Now I can get a steering damper.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Originally posted by billas double R

Thanks man. The front spacers for the 05-06 and 03-04 are identical. So are the cush drives and sprocket carriers. Saved me a ton of $$ from buying aftermarket wheels. Now I can get a steering damper.
did use the stock 03 wheel spacers on the rear ? because if you did not the geometry will be off . so make sure you used the 03 wheel spacers on the rear (very important)with the wheel kit

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by ROYCE636

did use the stock 03 wheel spacers on the rear ? because if you did not the geometry will be off . so make sure you used the 03 wheel spacers on the rear (very important)with the wheel kit
Yes I did. I only used my OE front spacers because the 05 front wheel was missing one spacer. On the rear, I used all my spacers plus the one axle spacer from you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Let me be the first to say that your bike is the "FIRST" 03 in Guam with the wheel mod! It looks awesome! The wheels really made a big difference and as you said, performance wise, because of the larger rotors. Ride safe buddy. What's next for our bikes? :D

P.S. Thanks for the rear tire.[:M121]

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the compliments.
Next up ia an Ohlins side-mount steering damper. Yeah baby.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.