Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn those are the words I most dreaded to say. Any way my prized bike was nicked while I was staying at a friends place when it happened. They must have come with a van in the night and picked it up.
Fcuk those thieving bastards. I've posted it up on aussie websites so hopefully other bikers will keep an eye out for it.
Now I'm without transport.
Wish I could get my hands on the bloody thieves. Damn it, damn it. Things were just ging right for me and now this shit.
Die you farking thieves.

·
Registered
399 Posts
sorry to hear, i bet you wanted to strangle someone. i once read in FAST BIKES magazine that like 40,000 bikes were stolen in a year through out england.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by modcrazy
sorry to hear, i bet you wanted to strangle someone. i once read in FAST BIKES magazine that like 40,000 bikes were stolen in a year through out england.
how about in australia......(?) ;)

Sucks to be you man. Hope you had insurance.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm so angry, just wish I could have got the theives just as they were about to take my bike. Made them regret it for sure. Cops haven't been to helpful just took my statement and said will keep an eye out for it.
I did some research on stolen bikes in Australia and only about 35% were recovered. Not too good.
I've been canvasing the neighborhood hoping that I'll spot it in some guys garage or lying in a side street, I know its futile but I just want my bike back.
By they way I live in New South Wales its a state in Australia.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Whats sucks is it is probally all ready on Ebay in parts.
Some tried to jack mine when it was 2 weeks old, I guess the lock gave them trouble so they laid it over.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good news, bad news. Got my bike back today, the damn thieves tried to jump start it by raming a screw driver down the ignition barrel. They also cut the ignition wires. The bike seems to be in fair condition but I cant get it startd so wont know how the engine fared.
I have to get a new ignition. at least they didnt set the bike on fire when they realised they couldnt start it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Originally posted by ben6r
Good news, bad news. Got my bike back today, the damn thieves tried to jump start it by raming a screw driver down the ignition barrel. They also cut the ignition wires. The bike seems to be in fair condition but I cant get it startd so wont know how the engine fared.
I have to get a new ignition. at least they didnt set the bike on fire when they realised they couldnt start it.

man that is pretty good news, glad to hear you got her back in one piece.

i had 2 zx7's stolen in march, one was recovered. i wanted to cry, i wanted to kill somebody, instead i took it as a lesson to never leave a $6000 bill laying on the ground, cuz that is what a bike is.

go ahead and break out the multimeter and test the electronics before trying to start her up. not sure how ur bikes is, but on my zx7 if you weren't careful you could fry the igniter or coils real easily. check the fuses, and put a fresh charge on the battery.

good luck to you mate, and keep her locked up good this time,

maybe get a cover with some NRA(or whatever the equivalent Gun orgs are in ur area) stickers on the cover, and that one sticker "forget the dog, beware of owner" with a pic of a big gun on it.

i got my baby locked to a pole, or my car, covered and armed with Scorpio 500, and i still worry when im gone for more than a couple hours.

edit: did the police do any fingerprinting?

i met the detective at the impound lot, and he dusted the bike to no avail, just a thought. if a print comes back, you could do some p.i. work and surprise those mofos

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by climb21cj

man that is pretty good news, glad to hear you got her back in one piece.

i had 2 zx7's stolen in march, one was recovered. i wanted to cry, i wanted to kill somebody, instead i took it as a lesson to never leave a $6000 bill laying on the ground, cuz that is what a bike is.

go ahead and break out the multimeter and test the electronics before trying to start her up. not sure how ur bikes is, but on my zx7 if you weren't careful you could fry the igniter or coils real easily. check the fuses, and put a fresh charge on the battery.

good luck to you mate, and keep her locked up good this time,

maybe get a cover with some NRA(or whatever the equivalent Gun orgs are in ur area) stickers on the cover, and that one sticker "forget the dog, beware of owner" with a pic of a big gun on it.

i got my baby locked to a pole, or my car, covered and armed with Scorpio 500, and i still worry when im gone for more than a couple hours.

edit: did the police do any fingerprinting?

i met the detective at the impound lot, and he dusted the bike to no avail, just a thought. if a print comes back, you could do some p.i. work and surprise those mofos
Yeah leaving the bike is like leaving money lying around, I'm pissed off that I didnt lock up my bike with my huge bike lock. Laziness nearly cost me my bike.
The cops did dust the bike its now covered with white dust. Hopefully the prints will return some results then me and a few mates will go on a little field trip and visit the bastard.
I'll check the battery and wires and then work on getting the ignition barrel replaced.
By the way no NRA down here even saying the word gun will get you in trouble.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Originally posted by ben6r

By the way no NRA down here even saying the word gun will get you in trouble.
what about "sword"?

nice avatar, my buddy has some nice swords, and they work just as well as guns, if not better(quiter)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.