Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 ZX6R it has 400 miles on it. It has never been down and I take extremely good care of it. I left for a business trip for about 1 month and did not run it. I live in St. Louis and it was summer, so it was hot in my garage. Anyway, I came back to a bike that would not start. I turned the key and it flickered the tach and speedo, but it would not crank. I tried it again and the speedo and tach only illuminated. So I figured it was the battery. I purchased a battery tender and left it over night. I came back the next day and it was deader than before. Can someone help?

Thanks,

·
Registered
342 Posts
Batter tender is not a charger its a battery tender like its says, it keeps a good battery good and doesnt bring a dead battery back to life. U need to put a real charger on that thing over night, like a 10amp. I would personally push start that sucker and run it for hours and it should bring it back. Sounds like something drained it stone dead. Goto wallymart and pick up a charger or Sears. Anything with 10amps and over and let that sit overnight, it should be like brand new in the morning.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The battery in my 2005 just dropped dead a couple months ago. I had been riding it regularly. Wouldn't take a charge. Got it replaced under warranty with no hassle. Just brought the bad one in and left with a new one. Fired right up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.