Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks good, I really can't live without an '03 for much longer:(

Hugh (Blue '01 J2) in Scotland

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice bike, How hard was it to polish the lip on that rim? I always thought it was hard or too expensive to have a bike over 400cc in Japan? Is it still like that?

luv2surf
2003 636

·
Registered
180 Posts
Since I don't have a garage I've been working around the weather, but it's fairly easy to do the rims. I use this stuff called Zip-Strip industial strength paint remover, it's only a couple of dollars. It takes @ 15 min to get the paint to the point where you can just wipe off with steel wool. Then it's just a matter of polishing up with metal cleaner. I'm in the military so we don't pay the same prices as the Japanese do when it comes to vehicles. You do have limits to your license though, and the higher CC of your bike the more competent you are supposed to be. Insurance is crazy out here, but riding is a better experience. Since traffic is so bad they give bikes (motorcycles, scooters and pedal bikes) the right of way. From what I hear you never want to hit anyone walking or riding anything with 2 wheels.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, I can already see that the rims are gonna look bad ass being polished! I just can't bring myself to doing it yet. I am gonna have to seriously consider it now though. Good job!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
180 Posts
here's a few pictures not that clear but I will have better when the sun finally comes back out. I started polishing the rear rim, should be finished by weekend. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
That is one sick, phat, stoopid look'n bike yo! MAD ASS PROPS!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
hey im trying to get to japan. how is it over there? what mos are you?i like the bike man. i have the silver one and just love the thing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm Air Force, and and avionic tech. Japan is great, for us I volunteered and since it's on a rotation it just took a few months to get an assignment. Hopefully, I'll be in Germany at the end of next year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.