1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has been garaged over a year now
Anyone have a list of steps I should do to get it up and running again
I did have a bit of gas left in the tank
Step by step instructions on what I should do first and stuff would be appreciated
:)

I did look for directions online but theres a lot of different answers
Sooo anyone whos ever left their bike sitting
Let me know what you did to get it up and running again

Please and thank you :)

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Empty gas tank.
Fresh gas into tank.
Clean carburetors.
Charge battery.
Air up tires.
Check oil level and color (change if necessary).
Check brake fluid level and color (change if necessary).
Look for leaks on forks and shock.
Check air filter.
Replace spark plugs.

Alternately take to a dealer and have them sort it for you.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
flush and fill the gas, Add a bit of Sea Foam to the new fuel. Flus the brake fluid and bleed the brakes really well.

Check and replace the air filter as needed, check for dirt dauber nests in the airbox etc.

Change the oil and filter.

Try charging the battery, Most likely you'll need a new one though.

Try and get it started. The sea foam may clean the carbs out for you after a tank of gas. If not take it to the dealer and let them sort the carbs for you.

Also check the coolant level, Inspect and lube all cables, clean and lube the chain.

·
Registered
50 Posts
flush and fill the gas, Add a bit of Sea Foam to the new fuel. Flus the brake fluid and bleed the brakes really well.

Check and replace the air filter as needed, check for dirt dauber nests in the airbox etc.

Change the oil and filter.

Try charging the battery, Most likely you'll need a new one though.

Try and get it started. The sea foam may clean the carbs out for you after a tank of gas. If not take it to the dealer and let them sort the carbs for you.

Also check the coolant level, Inspect and lube all cables, clean and lube the chain.
This.....also inspect chain and tighten if needed. check all lights , turn signals etc. sea foam is a good idea like he said. dont forget to check your air pressure in tires. after all this is done RIDE MORE OFTEN......:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts