Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just got a letter in the mail today stating my title that i took to get registered has a lein still on it and they wont release the title in my name until I can show lien clearance. I bought this bike from a dealership so this is a very weird story. I talked with the dealership and they said they have to call me back tomorrow when melissa, the person that sold me the bike, gets in and see what she can do about this. I was wondering in case they start sending me through loops who can I file a complaint with or take this to a higher level with as I am kinda pissed about the situation.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
If you paid cash and the bike is used they are obligated to get a release from the lein holder holder. Shouldn't be a big deal

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got off the phone with the lein holder and they said that the bike is not even registered in WI anymore. They said they cant do anything about it seeing as the bike was bought from a dealership and not a private owner. They said the dealership is suppose to have the lein and should have given it to me or sent it off when I bought the bike but neither was the case.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I believe it has to be done by the person that satisfied the lein (paid off the loan)

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
I had problems with my dealership. Went back and forth a couple time to the DMV and the stealership and finally I had to threaten them with a dealer complaint form.

Long story short, they don’t like those. The owner of the dealer ship personally went to the DMV that day and got it straightened out. I hated to be that guy but they kept saying "by the end of this week" or "the person who handles that is out". Finally I brought the form in (filled out) and said get my paperwork sorted or I turn this in.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yea i already threaten them with the BBB...was trying to see if any other way I could scare em to..

I honestly want to do something to them as they also sold me a bike that had a tire with slime in it...

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Did you buy it used from the dealership? If so, the dealership should have obtained the title from the previous owner. If they did not, it's on them to do so. Once they get it, they can pass it to you, or to your leinholder (if you got a loan for it). Once the loan is 50% paid off, you can request the title (in Maine anyway). Most banks will mail it out to you, but some banks make you ask for it. Sounds like a sticky situation. Good luck!

·
Registered
559 Posts
yea i already threaten them with the BBB...was trying to see if any other way I could scare em to..

I honestly want to do something to them as they also sold me a bike that had a tire with slime in it...
Threaten with Attorney General of IL and they will get on this ASAP. Don't bother with BBB, just go straight to AG. In fact, if they still try to give you a run-around, just straight up call AG on the spot.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Not BBB. It's a complaint form from the DMV. Next time you're in the DMV ask them for dealer complaint form.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Threaten with Attorney General of IL and they will get on this ASAP. Don't bother with BBB, just go straight to AG. In fact, if they still try to give you a run-around, just straight up call AG on the spot.
This ^^^

Illinois Attorney General - Protecting Consumers

Not BBB. It's a complaint form from the DMV. Next time you're in the DMV ask them for dealer complaint form.
CA DMV has this option but IL doesn't. The OP should go the IL AG.

Good luck, Twista. You'll get it sorted out. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts