Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was inspired by Apinbama post...

Monday, me and 2 other rider's went on a spirited ride through one of our state parks in Memphis. The bikes were a '91 Honda VFR, 2005 GSR-1000 and my beloved 2006 ZX-6R SE. The turns were pretty tricky, speeds were about 40 -50 mph on most parts....

..well, we come to a 90 degree turn with foilage everywhere. There is a BIG ASS YELLOW SIGN THAT SAYS BEWARE(Not in my pic). I said "Fuck it." The VFR goes through the turn with no problem, I'm watching him...mistake #1. As I approach the turn I slow down and begin to lean...at the apex I roll on the throttle...at this point I notice a shit load of rocks and leaves in the road. What did I do...you guessed it "Targe Fixation". The back end hits the gravel and spins out into the grass. I could have kept the bike upright but there was a 1 foot drop off on the road behind the gravel.

Damage: Broke off the left mirror, rear turn signal came off, busted a hole in the front cowling, generator cover sratch, bar end scrapped and several scrathes on the left side. Total was about $600(again, thanks for all your help Advanced Kawasaki with ordering the parts).

Bike still rides ok...drove it home and didn't even look at it for 3 days. Been riding my cruiser, in which I have neglected since buying my 6R in July.

On another note, THANK GOD I HAD ON MY GEAR. My jacket was scrapped real bad on the left side, jeans got some holes and my Icon boots, shockingly, were in perfect condition. I was sore until yesterday but now the emptiness in my wallet has taken it's place.

On a brighter note...been spending more time with my girlfriend
[V]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. At least you're still in one piece. And the damage to the bike could have been a lot worse. It is a hard pill to swallow though, I'm sure. Good luck with the repair. Oh, by the way, nice illustration [:M86]! It helps explain what happened. Stay safe.

-Josh

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guy's...I'm cool. The green line represents what I should have done. The GSR behind me saw the whole thing, he was like, "You really didn't crash you slid really slow and the hill made you fall." That was reassuring.

The money was not a big deal, I was going to spend it on some other crap anyway.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ounce again GREAT artwork. I have my factory turn signals if you need them, I don't need them.
I have never had a crash, knock on wood...

--Anthony

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by AllBlack636
I have my factory turn signals if you need them, I don't need them.
Come on man, YOU KNOW THAT WAS ONE OF THE FIRST MOD'S!! just kidding, but thanks for the help. If you have a generator cover, I'll take it.

A pictur says a thousand word's in my opinion...let's hope I want have to draw anymore...

·
Registered
879 Posts
Dude... your picture rocks. I'm diggin the neon trees. fancy bike, too!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Wow.. you came really close to that tree!!!:D

·
Registered
399 Posts
oh man great target fixing. well well it seems you already mentioned that.i had to read it twice since i skipped around the 1st time. sooo happy yer okay, everyone makes mistakes , get yer bike fixed and get back out there and DONT FUCKIN LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!![:M59]

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
lol I didn't notice the tribal flames on your bike the first time I looked at the picture.

Nice attention to detail hahaha

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nah...I dropped my cruiser on the same trail a few months back. Cruiser aren't meant to lean aggreesively. Some old lady crept out from behind a tree in a Lincoln Towncar and stopped. It was either the car or a hard lean....I went with the lean. No damage really, just some scratches on the panel...but mother's max took care of that. I didn't really crash it, slid around and fell in the grass.

Thanks everyone, I'm ok, went by the doctor today to get a x-ray to make sure nothing was broke. Everything is solid.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know...when I went down Monday, first thing going through my mind was "Not again?!?!"

Needless to say, I'm not going back for a few years....if that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.