Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
great work, looks awesome! got any more pics of the exhaust and rear end? love the swingarm and wheel especially it really makes the bike

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
drooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love it!!!!!!! Post it in the ZX9R section they'll love to see your bike!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
e30kawi said:
That is sick looking....how hard was that swingarm swap?
It wasn't that hard, if you have access to machines to machine stuff and make parts,
it was more of taking your time and measuring stuff than it being hard.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lando1432 said:
HOW MUCH DID U GET THE SWINGARM FOR???? I WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT DO MINE... LOOKS VERY CLEAN...
I picked up the swingarm,wheel etc. for about $600 and then I had to machine stuff and make stuff.
Then I got everything powdercoated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Martinrox said:
Looks sweet man, I had a 97 VFR a few years back and that sick bike makes me miss it.
A single sided swingarm is not meant for weight loss. To achieve the same rigidity of a standard swingarm they need to be thicker and bigger. Read about the new 1098 and you'll see. However with the right stuff (like the 1098) you can make it very light.

Its really nothing more than looks, and in some cases it was design for speedy wheel changes. Nothing else.

Personally I think they look great. Specially on undertail or left side exhaust bikes.

If it cost less than about 4+ grand total (SSSA + wheels) to do, I'd do it. I pulled this from another thread. Funny how this stuff can cost that much to fab up. I spent about $1000 in spacers, because I wanted them done TODAY. So I had to pay extra. Trial and error, trial and error. I now have it done right. Kept having to make the spacers to move the sssa over 1/8 at a time!!! lol.

I see that you did the same thing that I did. I had to have someone machine me a special spacer/nut/threaded/thing for the left side of the bike. and another spacer for the right side of the bike.
I have 2 7r's with sssa!!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts

Here is a pic of my creation. Guys I can make this fit on the 96-03 zx7r for next to nothing.
04 gsx-r tail
Indigo dual exhaust- pipes are going finished as you read this!
cut subframe-frame has been cut since pic was taken for better flow/lines!
94-97 vfr750F sssa
98+ vfr800 wheel
190 tire.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts