Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: WTF?! I went out of town for a wedding for a week and i came home to my new 2008 Kawasaki ZX-6R with a cracked right side fairing and scrapes in the paint... I'm glad my dad bought me an early b-day present, but im upset that he basically did around $400 damage by just walking near it. He was walking my dogs and they got out of hand, and some how my Ninja in the garage got in the way... Grrrr. This calls for a race rail and aftermarket fairings :D. I'll post some pics of my baby Ninja soon.

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
120 Posts
My dad did the same. just be glad that he bought you the damn bike. Cause I wasn't that lucky.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I don't think saying your dad bought your bike is very smart...people here are saying you're spoiled, but in the back of our minds we're thinking you're a baby lol...

I could say a lot worse, but I think baby is appropriate for now since I don't want to flame you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
well personaly i'd never buy a motorcycle for anyone thats important to me, because i will never forgive myself if anything happens to him/her because of something i bought for him/her.
becareful kiddo don't let your dad regret the rest of his life.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
WOW! You don't even have the right to be mad since your dad bought it for you. And he's probably going to pay to fix it, yes? Count your blessings and let it go.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My dad was drunk after walking home from a block party I was attending and tried moving my bike forward a bit so he could get inside in his garage (back when I still lived there). We had like 3 rockets crammed together amongst other stuff because it was supposed to rain. Needless to say, the kickstand folded up and the bike fell on its left side. My dad helped break its fall (not intentionally) due to him getting pinned under it for a few minutes he said, lol. I didn't find about it right away (there was only a real small scratch on the generator cover, no big deal) until he had a huge bruise on his leg a day or so later and I found the small scratch cleaning the bike. I put two and two together. Was a little disappointed due to this being the first mark on the thing and I didn't get to do it, but whatever. My dad is awesome has helped me through a lot, and shit happens! Ur dad must be awesome too for helping you get a bike, get over it!

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow.. I just got back from the dealer. The parts counter said from a glance the price to get the bike fully repaired would cost around $1500 (labor included). I wish i bought any fairing protectors before this happened!

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My dad is awesome has helped me through a lot, and shit happens! Ur dad must be awesome too for helping you get a bike, get over it!
My dad is totally awesome, i just dont want him to lose any more money than he has to! Im probably going to end up having aftermarket fairings painted and putting on the fairing with my dad.

P.S. I dont mind being called kid etc, just keep in mind ive been riding for 2 years. Please dont flame otherwise. :p

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
uhh, what the hell do you need labor for to put on a fairing

leftie loosie, rightie tightie

1 - 20 of 87 Posts