Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my dyno run 187 horsepower on a 636 wow we are still trying to work out the graph on the software so its easier to read we are using my bike as the test dummy so I am going back tues. to get the air fuel reading right on the graph I am basically getting a free tune. I am making all the dyno runs and making the changes on my lap top .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
ummmm.....not to pick apart....but should you be tuning on a dyno that's telling you, you have 187HP....unless you are running a 70HP shot, then GREAT!

inertia dyno or eddy current??

·
Registered
185 Posts
^^ in his graph next to the power and torque lines it says with nitrous.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Here is my dyno run 187 horsepower on a 636 wow we are still trying to work out the graph on the software so its easier to read we are using my bike as the test dummy so I am going back tues. to get the air fuel reading right on the graph I am basically getting a free tune. I am making all the dyno runs and making the changes on my lap top .
HOLY [email protected]#!!! THATS AMAZING!! GREAT JOB!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stock pistons...

Whats the deal with the crazy number?

150mph should be in the 160hp range with your bikes weight with rider? Do you think this is accurate?
This is the dyno that the guy has its brand new www.land-and-sea.com/dyno-mite_dynamometer_index.htm - 19k . I am trying to help him get it set up for sportbikes , this dyno has so many things it can do its unreal. Its at the bike shop beside the redfish inn on us1 . It has a section where we can put in bore and stroke ,rod lenghth , but I dont know yet if that changes the calculation . We are trying to get the bugs out of it . The rep isnt being as helpfull as needed to be. I put down 103 on motor and I am still on the dry shot it has 20% more fuel for the shot and it has 8 degrees of timing out of it from 6 to 11 gran and 10 degrees of timing from 12 to 15 gran I have 68 horse to the wheel according to cold fusions site 4 21 jets. I did my runs in 4th gear I dont thinks those springs are giving me everything I need on the big end .

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
steve is this still stock pistons?

or is this the JE's?
Every thing inside the motor is stock ported and polished head and the cams are out of the 05 rr so I guess you could say its bone stock nothing aftermarket. So far I got 10 passes and 1 run on dyno with spray and the plugs looked good .

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went 122 in the eighth and 151 in the quarter fri and 2.5 seconds out on the spray but still cant 60ft the bike with those heavy ass springs went 9.56 with a 1.67 60ft if i can get my 1.48 60 fts back i believe i would be at least 9.1s

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
This is the dyno that the guy has its brand new www.land-and-sea.com/dyno-mite_dynamometer_index.htm - 19k . I am trying to help him get it set up for sportbikes , this dyno has so many things it can do its unreal. Its at the bike shop beside the redfish inn on us1 . It has a section where we can put in bore and stroke ,rod lenghth , but I dont know yet if that changes the calculation . We are trying to get the bugs out of it . The rep isnt being as helpfull as needed to be. I put down 103 on motor and I am still on the dry shot it has 20% more fuel for the shot and it has 8 degrees of timing out of it from 6 to 11 gran and 10 degrees of timing from 12 to 15 gran I have 68 horse to the wheel according to cold fusions site 4 21 jets. I did my runs in 4th gear I dont thinks those springs are giving me everything I need on the big end .
So based on the 68 shot, your making appox 171ish, minus whatever drivetrain loss you have? That number does sound a little optimistic. Very good none the less my friend, its just 187 horse at the tire should have you running 155 to 160 in the 1/4. Maybe your lossing some with that slipping clutch too?

The high number with the slipping clutch is what gets me?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Every thing inside the motor is stock ported and polished head and the cams are out of the 05 rr so I guess you could say its bone stock nothing aftermarket. So far I got 10 passes and 1 run on dyno with spray and the plugs looked good .
does the 05 rr cams make a big diffrence in horspower??

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Went 122 in the eighth and 151 in the quarter fri and 2.5 seconds out on the spray but still cant 60ft the bike with those heavy ass springs went 9.56 with a 1.67 60ft if i can get my 1.48 60 fts back i believe i would be at least 9.1s
what springs are u going to get next steve to get your 60ft times back, do them brock springs help out more vs the ebc hd 1's u had once before, i no u are sprayin and im all motor with bolt on parts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what springs are u going to get next steve to get your 60ft times back, do them brock springs help out more vs the ebc hd 1's u had once before, i no u are sprayin and im all motor with bolt on parts
There not much else I can do till I get the lockup it will let me go back to the ebc springs and then the arms will lock it up on the big end. I might try 2 brocks and 2 ebc next time .

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So based on the 68 shot, your making appox 171ish, minus whatever drivetrain loss you have? That number does sound a little optimistic. Very good none the less my friend, its just 187 horse at the tire should have you running 155 to 160 in the 1/4. Maybe your lossing some with that slipping clutch too?

The high number with the slipping clutch is what gets me?
I wonder if if makes a difference cause I stay in 4th gear maybe when I go back on tues I should do 6th gear Do you have a powercommander for the 1000 yet You can come over on tues morning around 10 and bring your bike $50.00 for 3 pulls and he will let you make changes inbetween your runs to get you closer on your tune

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I wonder if if makes a difference cause I stay in 4th gear maybe when I go back on tues I should do 6th gear Do you have a powercommander for the 1000 yet You can come over on tues morning around 10 and bring your bike $50.00 for 3 pulls and he will let you make changes inbetween your runs to get you closer on your tune
Man, I wish I did, at the soonest I'll have one next week. Im going to be getting my licence on the 22nd. It would be cool if I had a little bit of a tune on it by then.

I would think 6th gear would help make the numbers a little more realistic, but how is the dyno calculating 84hp on a 68 shot? I just wonder whats going on with that?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Very nice numbers Steve! I know that the dyno is new and the operator is still getting the bugs out but, it is possible that the weather station in the dyno is not getting accurate numbers for the correction factors which could make the numbers overly inflated. I am not trying to take anything away but, like Robbie pointed out, how is it possible to show 84 HP on a 68 shot? Regardless of the dyno numbers your bike puts out, you will be in the 8s for sure when the weather finally cools down. Please keep me posted on the kit ECU functions you figure out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.