Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does anyone else's exhaust have a funny smell the first heat up time. mine smells like burning hot dogs. :rolleyes::D seriously

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Maybe someone slipped a hot dog in your tailpipe. :D On a serious note, every new bike I have had would have a funky smelling exhaust for the first few hundred miles. Although I cannot say that any of them smelled like burning hot dogs!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol ok guys it was my other hot dog.....jm... yeah gotta love the Two bro exhaust

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah, my slipon did the same thing. Been used to that "new exhaust smell" as I've put aftermarket exhausts on all my vehicles.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i thought that something was burning on my bike, so i had to take off the fairings and check, afraid i did something since i just jetted the bike. but glad to know it is the exhaust

·
Registered
138 Posts
yeah i thought that something was burning on my bike, so i had to take off the fairings and check, afraid i did something since i just jetted the bike. but glad to know it is the exhaust
I had just done the needle shim mod, so I was a little nervous myself. I was about to take the tank off again before I remembered that I had just installed the slipon.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had just done the needle shim mod, so I was a little nervous myself. I was about to take the tank off again before I remembered that I had just installed the slipon.

man wished i new that, but i didnt so i began tearing it apart but i shortly found out it was the exhaust after i stuck my nose in it....lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Strange smelling exhaust fumes?

G'day all,
I've recently noticed that the fumes from exhaust have taken on a different scent since I changed oil/radiator fluid/exhaust. The bike also feels like it's struggling a lot more when riding at high revs and taking off.

I'm running Motul 5100 10W50 and the bike has 4100km on it. The exhaust was changed from a MGP Growler to just a generic aftermarket sports exhaust.

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
HMF Slip-on question

I recently purchased a HMF racing slip on exhaust for my 09 250r.
I put it on yesterday and everything seemed like it was working good.
But today when i got back from riding, there was
an excess amount of exhaust smoke coming out of the pipe and it had somewhat of a burnt smell. In addition, there is a little water drops from the bottom of the exhaust.
Is there something wrong with my HMF or is this weirdly normal?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Was it slightly cold today? Water droplets would be indicative of condensation I would think. And the burning smell/weird colored exhaust would be normal as well as it's probably burning off anything on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would agree with CylonMech.

The burning smell could just be from the exhaust getting hot for the first time(s). Think after you put exhaust wrap on a header/downpipe. It smells kinda sweet like pancakes for the first 500 miles or so.

Water condensation could be the cause for the water droplets if it's actually water.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.