Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I went to Chaparral for the first time
~because of all the freeway construction, its a bit difficult to find the shop lol
Once you get off the freeway,
there are signs hanging on posts all around the community pointing you around all the road construction detours to Chaparral.
When I reach the shop, I was very impressed!
Their website doesn't do them justice
They have a big clean motorcycle only parking in front,
and they check your helmet at the door when you first go in.
It's almost as big a BURTS, and their parts/ accessory dept is HUGE
~much bigger then BURTS parts dept.
I found the staff was friendly,and not pushy-for sales like at BURTs
The AC was nicely cool, and the water fountain was cold
~I had arrived quite over-heated in my jacket.
I didn't have enough time to thoroughly explore the whole store,
but I did get a nice tail pack :)
San Bernardino is not close to many of you, but it's worth a half day ride to visit:)

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Yeah didnt like getting charged a dollar for tap water at berts, nice review.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
been there once back in 2003 and the place was amazing, anything you want to actually try on you could just do your thing and see what fits and works..only place i know where you can do that.

wonder why there isnt a parts unlimited superstore?

go info for others in CA by the way...

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Its a great store and they have everything you want, but there prices are a little high. I would buy some where else. [on parts and gear] Now I do have a friend that sells bikes there and he gave another one of my friends an awsome deal on his bike!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good write up! I was there in June and had a similar experience with road construction and all. I found myself actually a little lost in there. It's so big and there is so much to look at that unless you have an agenda-which I sort of did-you can get overwhelmed and lost basically.

People were friendly enough. I was a little frustrated because I wanted a new pair of Alpinestars race boots and all they had was the 3 year old design (which I already have) and then about 6 pair of SIDI's. I just thought they'd have every boot known to man there, and they did, for dirt-but for trackdays or in my case, mostly Sierra Nevada riding-but in full leathers, their selection was pretty poor. I ended up buying a pair of SIDI's and then finding the new A-stars at another store in San Diego and buying them and returning the SIDI's (which was a piece of cake by the way-no hassle at all).

All in all I'll stop by there again, anytime I'm in the area. It's just fun to see that much motorcycle stuff in one area. I just won't make it the ONLY place I shop.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Yeah it's a great shop but they don't deal very well. My experience there is what led me to... Advanced :) (I bought my first bike @ Chaparral).

·
Registered
349 Posts
I haven't been there in years. I used to go there for motocross gear when I was younger. I think it's time I take a trip up to San Bernardino.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You can imagine you wont get web prices there.
After all they have that huge store to support
So, I think its worth paying a bit more for the chance to try on everything
~i may go back on Thursday, and spend two hours with a shopping basket :)
I forgot to mention,
when you go to Chaparral, they give to a fantastic huge 775 page catalog!

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
damn i need me one of them free catalogs, CA here i come!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts