Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode the 636 to work this morning for the first time. I commute from Newnan all the way to Vinings which is like 45 miles and all of it is interstate. I've ridden I285 before but this was the first time in "real" ATL traffic. What a way to wake up for work :D I saved gas and got there about 20min quicker than usual. ;)

No reply necessary, just got the fever after riding and wanted to talk about it:)

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Cool! There were a lot of pissed off people around you because of that shitty loss they had last night. I'm a big falcons fan, wish they'd have beat the saints. Anyway, keep commuting on the bike! It's a rush in the mornings and you save money too!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We all feel okay about the loss because the game was really about the city of New Orleans and everything that has happend there. Vick will get it together and we'll make a run for the Superbowl.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Theres no way its worse then DC traffic lol Traffic isnt a problem for me ne more, after reading someones post saying " if i wanted to sit in traffic i would have driven my car" low speed lane splitting is my new favorite thing to do. i know its not legal but it honestly saves me 30 mins each way and i only live 2 miles from dc.

·
Registered
224 Posts
actually georgia was just rated the state with the worst commute times im the us. coweta county was first and my county, cherokee, was third im the nation! worse than houston, la, ny, etc.

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by To_OSLoW
low speed lane splitting is my new favorite thing to do. i know its not legal but it honestly saves me 30 mins each way and i only live 2 miles from dc.
i dont even wanna think about what assholes would do if i tried that here

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by XBones
I rode the 636 to work this morning for the first time. I commute from Newnan all the way to Vinings which is like 45 miles and all of it is interstate. I've ridden I285 before but this was the first time in "real" ATL traffic. What a way to wake up for work :D I saved gas and got there about 20min quicker than usual. ;)

No reply necessary, just got the fever after riding and wanted to talk about it:)
My brother lives in Newnan and I go over there quite often. Maybe I'll look you up sometime and we can catch some of those north GA. twisties.[8D]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also have begin to love the "low speed lane split"...I85 was completely shut down yesterday for the commute home and I lane split for like 15 miles...still took me 1 and 1/2 more than my usual commute
:( We meet at the local shop (CycleCity) and ride to the Vortex on thursdays at like 7:00pm so if you're planning on being in town feel free to come with us. It's all 1000cc guys but I keep up just fine on the 636.;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah, i hate ATL traffic.

I just bear with it to get to the N. GA twisties. ;)

I try and stay off the interstates and find less crowded back roads. You do need to keep your eyes open, whatch the other drivers. If I see somone in the right lane look left, I get out of the way because they will likely cut me off, or more often, use half of my lane to get around the person in front of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.