Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ladies,

just wanted to share pics of my ride with all of you... it's an 06 ninja 500R, i bought it used but i'd say it looks almost new. my second time out i upgraded from abandoned parking lots to a quiet residential neighborhood. i love riding! i still gotta get used to the clutch control and i get a little nervous when i'm at high traffic areas like intersections or when guys pull up next to me in huge pickup trucks and yell out "hey look it's a girl! well what you waitin for? don't be scared!" while they wait for me to make my move lol... but so far so good. no mishaps, plus it helps to have an encouraging bf :)

whaddya think? :cool:

linda

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow, it looks like it fits you really well. I didn't even look at Joe Rocket when I was picking out a jacket. I'll have to keep that brand in mind for my next one. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks silverzzr... it's not shown in the pic but i don't ride without my icon pursuit women's gloves either. they're super comfortable and work well with the summer heat. plus they give me added clutch control, lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looking good! Glad to see you are wearing gear and enjoying it.

Some guys out there can be a pain. I just ignore them. For some reason they just can't get over the fact that we like to ride!

It is great to have a supportive boyfriend. Does he ride too?

G

·
congrats on the bike= now just get some pants and boots and you will be ready to go!
have you registered for/taken the MSF yet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my bf does ride, but it's been a while so he's getting back into it too. he's fixing up his old honda until he can buy a new bike. i took the MSF course last year... passed with flying colours! :D

entropykat, can you recommend any brands for ladies pants and boots?

·
Registered
95 Posts
thanks silverzzr... it's not shown in the pic but i don't ride without my icon pursuit women's gloves either. they're super comfortable and work well with the summer heat. plus they give me added clutch control, lol
btw...LOVE the helmet.. :)

you asked about riding pants and i've been checking them out myself. i have a few in mind, mostly joe rocket brands like the ballistic 7.0 or the alter ego. i like that they are waterproof, have armor, and the removeable liners.

G

·
I have joe rocket cleo pants - crash tested - they're great!
I also have the icon standard boots that I got on closeout from motorcycle superstore for $40, and those were great too- horribly stiff at first, but just a couple times wearing them helped to break them in for a great fit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
btw...LOVE the helmet.. :)

you asked about riding pants and i've been checking them out myself. i have a few in mind, mostly joe rocket brands like the ballistic 7.0 or the alter ego. i like that they are waterproof, have armor, and the removeable liners.
wooooooooooooooo!! that's a dope pic!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have joe rocket cleo pants - crash tested - they're great!
I also have the icon standard boots that I got on closeout from motorcycle superstore for $40, and those were great too- horribly stiff at first, but just a couple times wearing them helped to break them in for a great fit
hmmmm, thanks for the info, i'll have to think about the icons... they fit right in my price range but i have kinda big/wide feet so i'm not sure how comfortable they'll be. sigh, it's never easy shopping for footwear... i'll def check out the cleo pants. how do they fit? i'm small, size 2-4 with narrow hips and big thighs (lol)... anyone tried the scorpion women's savannah?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/2/50/13693/ITEM/Scorpion-Womens-Savannah-Pants.aspx

Nice bike! I like your jacket & helmet too ;)
thanks!!! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i saw the scorpion pants online, i'd have to try them on as well. they are definitely in the running. most of the textile pants make you look like the

i do like the looks of these dainese:
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Dainese_Helsinki_GoreTex_Ladies_Pants--608160.html

but that price tag is crazy!
LMAO @ michelin tire man! the dainese look good too, nice slim fit but yeh the price is waaay outta my range right now. maybe next year after i get my annual increase... :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
That Michelin cartoon running is so cute & funny. :Laughing rolling:

I love those Scorpion pants. I'm definitely going to order some soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts