Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i was 17 i wanted a motorcycle.....a gsx R 750 to be exact..lol I started getting heavy into racing cars and decided to wait untill i calmed down a bit before i made the jump to Bike.
im now 26 years old i just purchased kawi 25or with only 125 miles from ebay. i picked it up for $3500. i couldnt find one at my local dealer so i think i did pretty good. here's the pix of my bike and my new jacket.. it has 3m reflective material.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Nice! Congrats on the bike! Blue is the best color by far!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it just happens to share the same color as my race car .......

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Congratulations - nice bike but isn't Blue one of the slower ones? I thought it was Green, Red, Blue, then Black as the slowest. Might be wrong but . . .

Have fun and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
ah... a newb wiser beyond his years. ;) ...but, I do think to be fair, the blue and black are tied dead even for last. :D

itzstress- welcome to the forum. nice bike.

have fun, ride safe
You're both wrong.

Black is fastest because it absorbs the most sunlight which gets transferred into horsepower by osmosis.

It's true.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
You're both wrong.

Black is fastest because it absorbs the most sunlight which gets transferred into horsepower by osmosis.

It's true.
:iamwithstupid: Of course black is the fastest. It's the only stealth 250R. And here I was thinking Old Guy knew what he was talking about...

Oh and Snatch old buddy...you wouldn't be warning people about crashing their new 250s if yours hadn't been in pieces in "mods in progress" mode for months while you were out busting drunken boaters and screwing Jina. You'd be busy having fun on your 2fiddy and trying to avoid crashing yourself! :D

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I know.. I did drop my 250 though.. haha.. it was in grass though so no damage other than having to pick mud out of the engine areas of my bike... :(

In transit to the back yard right before i took it apart I dumped it because i was being dumb and showing off as i drove it back in the wet/muddy yard the state of Maine has blessed me with.

Does anybody know of a 250 race circuit anywhere in New England?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I don't think you'll find much beyond getting a track day together at Louden. That would be a fun time if we could get enough people together and I'm sure enzo would travel up here for it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
today i signed up for the MSF course $350 bux wow.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You're both wrong.

It's true.

Black is the fastest color on the 250 because of pigment orientation.
The 250 parts are painted in Indonesia and the magnetic patterns in the area align the pigments in a pattern similar to shark skin.
Pigment alignment is used Formula1 cars, spacecraft, submarines and fighter planes.
Parts painted Green in Japan are fastest.

Pigments can be re-aligned in this pattern by using SpunkMeister Speed Juice, but you have to know which direction to point your ride before it's applied.

It's True

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
lol... I guess I did do my fair share of riding this summer :D

if I can afford it though I'd really like to try a track day
Well, as you know enzo is the track day organizer around here. He mentioned a Louden track day a few months ago, but I don't think he got enough interest. You'd have to have a goodly amount of riders to make it affordable for all, since you're basically renting the track for the day. PM him and ask what it would take to put one together.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts