Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just knocked off work and the entrance to the freeway is only 2 turns and less than a mile, there was a truck that entered the on ramp a bit before me and i thought that i could get in frfont of it, well i opened it up a little earlier than i probably feel comfortable only to feel the ass end start drifting out, well surprisingly to me i sytayed calm and just rode the slide out as i felt in control for my first rear end slide under power. I thought i did pretty darn good and would have liked to be the person behind me to see how far it actually did slide.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Its very easy to do on cold tires. You could make a 250 slide if you go WFO and the tires werent in the sun.

And you probably didnt slide as far as you think. I know the feeling makes you think youre way out there but il bet it wasnt noticable unless youre paying attention to the rear.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Sounds like a good time for you..
That is how i ride my RC51 late breaking into turns..may not be the fastest way around turns but sure as shit looks cool backing it in..
and people give you props, bt on the track it has its benifits as well getting used to rear end slide...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I accidently did that on a county road out here. scared me. not sure if i would have stayed calm in traffic though. props

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
I try not to do it, but the best is when the rear wheel is spinning a little bit faster than the front and when it grabs, you get a small (6 inch or so) wheelie. I've never done it on purpose, but had it happen a few times both on the streets and on the track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.