Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of these babies for my first set. I'm so amazed by the looks I dunno if I wanna scrape em!! :(

P.S. Can you say SPARKS!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bleh!... the guy behind me might catch on fire hehehe....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehe, yeah i have a track day coming up this weekend, the guy at the shop said it should be fine for track days, but not official races.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Be sure to check with the track day org if they are OK. I none of the orgs up here allow them.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
You had better scrape em up good. Just this weekend at palomar me and some friends were making fun of some people who were wearing race suits and talking about how they own the road. When we looked down, knee pads without a scratch on them.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeah they likely won't / shouldn't be allowed on the track but going to be sweet on the street at night. [8D] I bolt up mine to spark it up and so I just replace the bolts for almost no $'s instead of the sliders.

·
Registered
316 Posts
yea not legal at trackdays either. causes too much distraction but i guess it really depends on who holding the trackday.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by zack4president
You had better scrape em up good. Just this weekend at palomar me and some friends were making fun of some people who were wearing race suits and talking about how they own the road. When we looked down, knee pads without a scratch on them.
just cause they weren't draggin' doesn't necessarily mean they are slow. unless they were on zuki's :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
you guys can drag knee on the street ?? [:Liar]

haha...I sure as hell can't..Not anywhere that people would be around anyways. but more props to you boys

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heh, they are "stylmartin". And I hope I put em down hehhe, will be my first time.
I only got my leather pants this weekend, been riding the track with a jean thus far. One of the instructors came to me after the last few laps and said that he was waiting for me to get a nice "roastie" cause he was riding behind me and my knee was floating like 2 cm's above the track...

The leather pants still feel abit akward tho, will stretch em out good this saturday!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Originally posted by zack4president
I ride Palomar often with a few people. One of the guys is the fastest guy in the group on an '04 zx-10r and he never drags his knee. Dragging your knee doesn't make you faster; if you don't believe me ask Keith Code or any track day instructor. Plenty of people go fast without dragging their knee--dragging your knee is more of a confidence thing and a gauge for how far over you are leaning (with style points added). In fact many of the Moto GP racers all the way down to FX try not to drag their knee but get very close to the point (probably to save their sliders).

Anyway, titanium sliders are cool (one of the guys I ride with has them) but I know for a fact 99% of the track orgs out there don't allow titanium knee sliders because they are a distraction to other riders on the track. The guy at the shop was just trying to sell those things to you...don't listen to him ;)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
too late now, and i LIKE em!!! wouldn't exchange them, rather try my luck

·
Registered
671 Posts
Originally posted by trig

You got a picture of a bolted up puck?
Just checked and don't have a pic with the bolts in... here's a pic with a bolts out shows the holes. I made a smilie face :)and drilled the holes small and put in the bolts so the holes are threaded now to add / remove.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Seems like a smart and econimical way to make sparks^^^^^^^
would it be safe to say The more bolts you put in, the more sparks???and how much is too much??

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.