Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't doing rolling endo's unless the road in 100%clean, no sand, sticks, or anything. You probly just used a little to much front brake. The better you get at them the less brake you will use. When I first started learning I did that a couple times, now I'll leave my house and do one at the end of the street. JUst find a clean road and make sure you have a good front tire.

2001 ZX-6R

http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
how exactly do you do rolling endos minytrker, i can do them on a bicycle really good and high, but on a bicycle you are constantly grabbing brake. i see guys on judgement day do them for like 300+ feet. theres no way you could have that much brake to grab.[:0]

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" -Mark Twain

·
Registered
126 Posts
Alright so I set out on a ride through the neighborhood basically telling myself I would learn to stoppie before I brought the bike back in. I was practicing on empty neighborhood streets...(Probably my first mistake). So I start braking hard on the front brake...grabbing tank with knees and leaning forward and I'm realizing that the bike can stop A LOT faster than I thought without having problems....I was going from like 30 mph to 0 VERY FAST...yet still not lifting the rear wheel. So each time I kept grabbing more and more brake. On the last one that I did...I grabbed brake harder than last time...and to my surprise...the rear actually began rising (I'd say about a foot...but I'm sure when you just start learning 5-6 inches feels like a foot lol).

All of the sudden though, the bars jerk and I hear a skidding noise...and I figure I'm fucked. The bike starts to go a little haywire...but I release the brake and let it set back down...and sort of "catch it" in a crooked position and come to a stop safely without dropping it. I had been riding earlier before trying these stoppies for about an hour so I figure the tires had been pretty warmed up. I don't understand why the front tire tried to go out on me? Are the road conditions not yet good enough for stoppies (I'm in CT). Like do the roads have to be really clear? Anyone else have their front skid out on them at all when learning? Was it possible I gave TOO MUCH brake? Or was it most likely poor road conditions as the culprit. Thanks!

Phil
1998 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja
Let the good times roll!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is how I learned. I would go about 50mph and get on the front brakes and slow down, then do it over and over trying to slow down faster and faster. After about 15 tries my rear tire would come up on its own, but only a couple of inches. After you get that down you just have to perfect your front brake control. Thats what worked for me. After you get them down it seems like the less brake you will use, but at the time you do do them higher. The key to going distance is to get it real high alomost like a balance point on the front wheel. Still without getting that high you should be able to go 50ft or so without getting really high. In the picture I was already coming down after rolling 50ft or so.

2001 ZX-6R

http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

·
Registered
315 Posts
ive had the front go in a patch of sand when i was trying a stoppie at roughly 35 mph. all i gotta say is you better have some damn quick reflexes or else youre gonna slap the pavement. im still working on mine and sometimes when i get too high the front wobbles realy baD And tries to buck me over. thats not a good feeling.;)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Rolling stoppies are just like wheelies but in reverse. Once you get the bike to the balance point it doesn't take much to keep it there.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i got a question, what gear are you guys in while the rear is in the air? let's say you are in 2nd, do you hold the clutch in while rear is in the air and downshift while mid air?

if your in 3rd and coming to a stop, do you just endo till a complete stop then shift down to first?

·
Registered
315 Posts
start mine in either 3rd usually or sometimes 2nd. i just pull the clutch in, but when i do one handers i try to get down in neutral first.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sometimes N and sometimes just holding in the clutch. Nice thing about N is if you hit the ground hard and your hand slips your bike isn't going to jump.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.