Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the crash....[B)] Oh well....I guess I need to get me some race plastics and be ready for the July 28th one...:D

Joe

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I came into the turn like I had been doing all day..I felt the back slide out and thought "highside" and then rolled on the gas and stayed on it until I was seperated from the bike.

I need a new exhaust and a new front upper fairing.Over all not to bad!

I was keeping up with the guys on their racebikes so that made me feel pretty good! Any tips? Any advice?
joe

·
Registered
634 Posts
do you think you might could of stuck it out . my rear slips out every track day. I'd never think hiside and roll on the throttle to lay it down with a lowside. I pull my bike back in with my outside knee that is locked against the tank and when it catches roll back on and away we go. what made you think hiside? Sounds like you gave up and laid your bike down. [:M7] I can't say that I've never laid my bike down when It could have been avoided. but mine was from hitting the front brake when I should have just rode off course and used a little rear brake maybe. point is what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well....when I decided highside I was looking at kawi on the sideof the tank, couldnt see the track, and my thigh ass was alreadyon the road...I thought highside about then figuring it would catch an shoot me. I tried my best to save it...it slid out portions of the day and I would just save it and move on...this one went waaaaay out.lol

Joe

·
Registered
634 Posts
tough break. oddly enough one of my best times I've had at the track was a time I crashed, yhea a little damage to bike but that doesn't bother me it's only a bike, and I wasn't hurt. I always had a good time cause I was happy that I learned something, like mainly how not to do it again.[8D]
btw. what tires are those? metzler??

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
That sucks. But it's good that you have such a great attitude about the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Advice:

The guys on the race bikes are almost certainly using race rubber. If you are keeping up with them on street tires, i can almost certainly guarantee this will happen again.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah....i figured that out the hard way.lol

I want to get a set of race tires for the next one....I have been telling people, when they ask what happened, that The tires slid and I ran out of talent...thus I crashed. Haha

joe

·
Registered
224 Posts
Where did you get that visor for your helmet? I have the same helmet and i bought a mirror visor for it and the first time i cleaned it all the mirror came off along with the bugs.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the compliments guys...I love to study the form of all these riders and different body positions. I felt super relaxed and really solid in every turn...this one just got away.

I already bought a stock exhaust for the bike...$35 shipped..:D

My GF bought it for me as a stocking gift for xmas...she said she bought it from the local shop. My guess is an actual kbc visor.

Joe

·
Registered
859 Posts
I had my first track day on Saturday too! Didn't crash but I did have a super-motard guy come into my line and we got hooked! We kept both bikes up and I broke my front right short stalk marker! All-in-all a great day. I was so exited to finally heat the outer parts of the tires enough to get the little rubber "knobbies"!! My M1's stuck really well![:p]

·
Registered
975 Posts
Good job!!!! I always say when you can't save it it's always better to induce a lowside and save as much of yourself as well as the bike then to highside and pray you outrun the bike and all parts that have broken off.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I had a similar crash last year. Mine was however that I run out of talent, Michelin Slicks were over too good for me they were sticky untill I catapulted the bike by scraping the pipe and pegs all the way. lol.

Very good positioning for the first track day. Gratz.

Get decent rubber next time, and ride the hell out of them!

·
Registered
52 Posts
HEY!!!!! thats PMI. Where do you live? I am in the springs, MRA# 737. I never thought i would see pictures of PMI on this forum. PM me or something man.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.