Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys...I got tired of HSBC jacking me around on my payments, so I cut it loose and sold my 06 ZX6...I may by a new one next year when I have the cash to make a large down payment, or pay cash outright for one...but I'm kinda leaning towards a Daytona 675 instead of another ZX6...

See ya'll later...

GunRunner

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Buy a used one. Be safe man.

--David

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm baaaaackkk

Glad to be back on two wheels again...this time on a '06 ZZR600...best part is it didn't cost me a penny. Loooonnngggg story about that though....she has 19k on the clock, and the only real issues with it is what the previous owner did....chopping down the factory can, adding aftermarket directionals that look "gey", etc...

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
Later man. Try to save up and buy cash only or use a Credit Union!
yeah use credit unions, they offer all the exact same services as a bank but without the profit motive (actually depends on the credit union, my credit union, profits get distributed among all members)

The 675 is a great bike. It's got a great tone, skinny, great power down low but also up high. That's one of the big things i love about the 675, power down low. On the jap bikes, with the exception of the 636, you really get most of your power up high and you needed to rev it to get a good takeoff. with the 675, I can keep my rpms low, which is the way I like it.

Though, if you do get a 675, know that the bike sits real high. It can be lowered but there's limits.
Also, replace the stock seat immediately. Spare yourself the pain and take me at my word when i say your ass will be in pain after only 5-10 minutes if not even less. The gel seat is a godsend. Don't know why I didn't get one earlier.

Also, the seating position is quite agressive IMO so make sure you're up for it.

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
Later man. Try to save up and buy cash only or use a Credit Union!
Glad to be back on two wheels again...this time on a '06 ZZR600...best part is it didn't cost me a penny. Loooonnngggg story about that though....she has 19k on the clock, and the only real issues with it is what the previous owner did....chopping down the factory can, adding aftermarket directionals that look "gey", etc...
oh damn, didn't even realize how old this thread was or read that far down

congrats on being back on two wheels

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
As long as you stay kawi, we couldn't care if you get a 1989 Ninja 250 with no wheels.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to be back on a Kawi also...lol

Long story short...my "nephew-in-law" wanted a bike back in 06...he couldn't get finance the bike on his own, so my dad co-signed for him...him and my niece split a few months ago (she paid for it the whole time they were together)...he said after paying rent, insurance, etc, he couldn't afford the bike...so my sis stepped in and took over payments, to keep my dad's credit clear...my car started screwing up a while back, so my sis let me have the bike in return for some major remodel work on her house...so, I fix her house, she pays the bike off...

It was setting on a covered porch for about 3 months...flushed the carbs, charged the battery, and its been running fine since...oil and filter where changed shortly before it was parked...

GunRunner

·
Registered
109 Posts
Glad to be back on a Kawi also...lol

Long story short...my "nephew-in-law" wanted a bike back in 06...he couldn't get finance the bike on his own, so my dad co-signed for him...him and my niece split a few months ago (she paid for it the whole time they were together)...he said after paying rent, insurance, etc, he couldn't afford the bike...so my sis stepped in and took over payments, to keep my dad's credit clear...my car started screwing up a while back, so my sis let me have the bike in return for some major remodel work on her house...so, I fix her house, she pays the bike off...

It was setting on a covered porch for about 3 months...flushed the carbs, charged the battery, and its been running fine since...oil and filter where changed shortly before it was parked...

GunRunner
D00d thts a sucky Sitch for ur niece, but u came up. Haha. Gratz.
Guy sounded like a D bag n e way.

·
Registered
770 Posts
lol i'd remodel an entire house for a free bike

Congrats on the awesomeness of your situation

1 - 14 of 14 Posts