Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this new 2004, 0 miles last friday, 630 miles atm. Took her up to Lake Allatoona, Red Top Mtn the morning of the 4th, and snapped some shots. The STI is my buddies, an '05 and fast as hell!

·
Registered
19 Posts
love the kawasaki lime green! uniquely kawasaki! no other production bikes come in lime green!... well except the KTM duke? i remember it in green, but not sure what green...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i like the blue, and the red. at first i was all about the orange, but after seeing one inperson, it didn't strike me right. the black is cool, but that seat(red).... what were they thinking?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like how the rims are in green thats hot man. Now I gotta come see it. Are you planning on gettin a belly pan for it? I'm sure you got other stuff coming first, but I was just wondering.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
glad u got to see it last night! hope you enjoyed the twisties, ah scratch that, i know u did.

i think i have my mods prioritized as follows:

alarm(delivered last night)
blinkers(picking up in morning)
mirrors-bar end(waiting on EGay)
bar ends(waiting on EGay)
fender eliminator(making this thursday night)
frame/case/fork sliders(should have by next week)
Air box mod(FREEEEEEBIEEE!!!!! thursday night)

and i am not sure about the rest, gotta wait for more money, accepting donations [:p]

exhaust(dual muzzy's or dual yoshis, carbon)
belly pan
PC3
k&n Filter
A-M Seats
and the list of mods go on and on, on and on.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yea those were the best roads I've ever been on [8D]

Thanks for opening my eyes man :D

btw nice list. I bet it does go on and on hah. Like mine, and yes I am also taking donations. any1? any1?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't wait to go up to lake arrowhead. its only another 30 minutes away, and we wont have to double back as much.

I picked up the front blinkers today, didn't have time to install them. im waiting to get my fend elim. in before buying the rear blinkers.

I am wondering if putting on a two wire LED short stalk blinker will mess up the flasher(blink fast). I hope it doesn't on this bike, the new blinker has a bunch of led's, so maybe it will pull enough

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took some more pictures today after she took her 3rd bath, 1800 miles, in 23 days. Got stuck in the rain and she got so dirty.

I put short stalk LP's on front and rear, fender eliminator, removed fork reflectors, did the Air box mod, ditched the EGR(Cali), and installed my scorpio alarm, removed tail stickers, and warning stickers(on tank). Still trying to decide if im gonna remove the Tank "KAWASAKI" stickers, the ones on the tail left an un-faded spot, dont really want that on the tank.

·
Registered
86 Posts
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D Nice man. Good luck with the tank stickers... Aren't those under the clear coat? maybe im jut a fool oh well. As far as the fading on the rear stickers it will go away in a few days probably like it did with mine. I saw it left an unfaded spot too and was kinda pissed until a few days later and it was gone. I bet the tail of you baby looks even sweeter now! Oh by the way do your signals blink too fast now? I'm puttin my money down that they don't. [8D]

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much money???

cuz u would lose it. even just changing the front blinkers made them blink faster, except when i flip the hazards on, then it was normal speed. when i swapped the rear blinkers out it always blinks fast, i dont care, i think i will leave it that way

gonna have to do another photo shoot after i get my mirrors on, care to join? we gotta get these girls i know to model our bikes for us, and we have a choice!!!! :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yea mine blink fast too but when I got the hazards on it slows like yours. Im down for the photoshoot, and it's nice we get a choice hehe... Is it ok to choose them all right? ;) Also man... I strapped my cargo net to my gas tank and it holds my home vid cam pretty well. I made a test vid and the shot is the same as a tank cam [8D] I was pretty jazzed that it worked so well. Now I can bring my cam when we hit the mountains and get some vid footage of the rear of your Z... as long as you promise to stop roasting me on the straights between turns :D I could also hook it up for a rear view if I throw it on my passenger seat and you can ride behind me for some good shots of yourself on that bad boy Z going through the twisties :)

edit: I bet -50 bucks so I guess thats means you have to pay up 50 since you won right?... it's ok I don't understand my logic either... but serious though... you owe me 50 bucks :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha, $50 huh? yeah, i dont understand...

ive been thinking about making my own tank mount, just not sure about the vibration. i think the Z would be bad with vibration. originally i bought my vid cam with the hopes of buying a bullet cam, but thats gonna have to wait a couple more months. i really want to make some videos, and i just got Premiere, so i am trying to learn how to use it.

got some cagers going on a mountain run at 9am today, from Cumming to Dalhonega, if i wasn't working a 12 hour day i would go.

i do know of a ride to "the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum just outside of Birmingham, AL. They have over 1000 bikes from 2006s all the way back to the early 1900s, plus various race cars and other things. The museum looked really cool, and had some really awesome bikes and cars." could take 2 days if we want, my friend did it in 10 hours.

we are planning that out in the next month or so, and a deals gap trip in late september/early october

anyways, when are you going to come riding again?

·
Registered
86 Posts
hopefully soon. I always get monday off work. WHat are your days off? It might be eisier for me to work around my schedule than it would be for you. Also stayed up all night on friday after my party and isntalled my new undertail.... looks sweet :D I'll upload some pics when its not raingin outside :D Let me know about the times you got off or this monday. [8D]

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that looks so much better, you got any blinkers? i am always down for riding on monday, just have to get to work before 11pm. almost any evening i can go, unless i already made plans, if we leave my place by 4, we can beat traffic and get a good 4 hours of riding. we hit some sick roads sunday night, rubbed off alot more tread

so u got rid of that Akra sticker too? awesome

·
Registered
86 Posts
cool cool. I might switch up my schedule and get another day off I'll let you know. Yea I got all the sticker off. Wasn't too hard some good wash and wax stuff combined with soem WD40 :D The sticker was made of aluminum or something. Aight gotta be to work at 8am and im shitfaced peace. heres a pic for now. the turn signals are right above the liscence plate on the left and the right in the previous pic

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i added some CRG Blingsight bar end mirrors(2"), getting rid of the stock antennaes. these mirrors allow me to see directly behind the bike, and a good bit to each side without moving. in tucked position i have to lean a tad to see behind/next to

i am very pleased with these mirrors, and i am still using stock bar ends for now.

And here is my friends '06 R6:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.