Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

So I have bought a used Kawasaki ZX6R 2014 ABS with 19K mileage. I have a few questions I hope experts can help.

1. Does mileage matter? The bike is well maintained in original and mint condition, not abused and with aftermarket full Scorpion exhaust system.
2. When I should change the engine oil, as I have no service manual or instructions book?
3. What things I should keep in mind for this specific model, as I am a newbie. Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new purchase!

Everything matters, but plainly as a number the mileage is more than ok for a 2014 bike. Also,I would pay for a general service anyway if the maintenance data is lacking ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new purchase!

Everything matters, but plainly as a number the mileage is more than ok for a 2014 bike. Also,I would pay for a general service anyway if the maintenance data is lacking ;)
Thank you :) Sure I will have full service. One more question can you name the lubricants any 3 for maintenance of the bike like chain oiling etc.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Thank you :) Sure I will have full service. One more question can you name the lubricants any 3 for maintenance of the bike like chain oiling etc.
You are welcome, I use BelRay engine and chain lubricants and HiFlo filters, consult the manual for engine oil specifications and choose according to riding conditions and climate.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Hi Folks,

So I have bought a used Kawasaki ZX6R 2014 ABS with 19K mileage.
Hello and welcome!

1. Does mileage matter? The bike is well maintained in original and mint condition, not abused and with aftermarket full Scorpion exhaust system.
My 2009 has 70,000 miles on it, and it still runs like it did when it was brand new.

2. When I should change the engine oil, as I have no service manual or instructions book?
You can get the 2013 service manual (it's the same as the 2014) here: Master Service Manual Thread

3. What things I should keep in mind for this specific model, as I am a newbie. Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.
I have a lot of information here: Home | ZX6R.us
(2009+ are all similar)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Here is some of what I use:
Oil: Shell Rotella T6 5W-40
Oil Filter: Purolator PureONE - PL14612
Chain Cleaner: DuPont Motorcycle Degreaser
Chain Lubricant: DuPont Teflon Chain Saver for lubricant.
Antifreeze: Prestone 50/50
Brake Fluid: RBF 600 Racing Brake Fluid

You can see most of the other products and tools I use here: Home | ZX6R.us

1 - 9 of 9 Posts