·
Registered
1,826 Posts
holy crap that thing is bad!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Nice.

"The 2009 Star VMax retails for $17,990, and only 2,500 units will be available this
year (more than half of those have already been pre-sold)."
Thats about what Ive been hearing.

I like the last statement here.
"Oh, and don't make any plans for after-market performance enhancements. We
personally guaranty you will be busy wrapping your brain around the stock
performance for the foreseeable future."

I think I need to ride one of these.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Not bad for a cruiser...much better than the V-Rod imo. Maybe Kawasaki will bring back the ZL 1000 Eliminator.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
If you've ridden the original VMAx, you will def be wanting to ride this one. Those bikes are in a class of their own

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
If you've ridden the original VMAx, you will def be wanting to ride this one. Those bikes are in a class of their own
Agreeeeeed. Never liked the way they handled in the curves, but they are crazy fast. I'd take an old V max over a Busa any day.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
not feelin those scoops on the side, but other than that its not too bad

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
I can't tell if I like it, or hate it.....let me sleep on it.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Agreeeeeed. Never liked the way they handled in the curves, but they are crazy fast. I'd take an old V max over a Busa any day.
I hope you mean that based on looks, because performance wise, there's no competition. I rode an '85 V Max and it was fast, but didn't have near the acceleration of my busa...or even my ZX9 for that matter. In fact, I would think a modern 600 would give a V Max a very good run in the 1/4.

·
Registered
183 Posts
but how does it compare to the B-King?

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
not feelin those scoops on the side, but other than that its not too bad
I didn't use to like those scoops either, but they really grew on me.

I can't tell if I like it, or hate it.....let me sleep on it.
My type of bike. I tend to like stuff that really polarizes the public.

I hope you mean that based on looks, because performance wise, there's no competition. I rode an '85 V Max and it was fast, but didn't have near the acceleration of my busa...or even my ZX9 for that matter. In fact, I would think a modern 600 would give a V Max a very good run in the 1/4.
Supposedly the new model will wipe the floor with the old one. The old vmax had 130-140 hp if I remember right, the new one has 197! That's a huge difference. And I think I read that it puts down consistent sub 11 second quarter miles. A 600 ss would have trouble matching that.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
not too bad, they basically kept the same concept of the old ones & modernized it there is only ONE problem w/ it
The new VMax is an expensive motorcycle (U.S. MSRP is $17,990)
^^ i can build one hell of a sportbike for that :D

*edit*
Yamaha claims 197 horsepower at the crank at 9,000 rpm, and 122 foot/pounds at 6,500 rpm
NOW i really want to ride that bitch!!

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
i foresee lots of yuppies wadding them up.
:plusone: & it will likely be when they line up next to a sportbike trying to think they're a hardass :Laughing rolling:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts