Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at buffalo wild wings with some friends then drove home to my apartment to drop off my bike and pick up my car to give someone that had been drinking a ride home and when i got back my bike was gone. I was gone no less than an hour. The handle bars were locked and the key is in my pocket so they must have picked it up and threw it in a truck. It was an 09 ninja 250, my first and only bike and now it is gone. Thank god for insurance because I'm sure I will never see my bike again. I'm still in shock and can not believe that it is gone.

So for those of you that live in an apartment make sure you chain your bike up to a light pole and get lojack or something because I live in a nice part of town and never thought anything like this would happen. I am only in the apartment for the summer and normally keep my bike in a garage so that's why I didn't do more than just lock the handle bars.

Maybe this is a sign it's time to upgrade to a 6r?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah its fairly safe around here, or at least I thought. There are 3-4 other bikes in the same complex and they are always parked outside as well. For some reason somebody just decided to screw with mine tonight.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
insurance is the only "security" you need
everything else wont really help if you're far off from your bike

your bike is gone the moment the key leaves the ignition :p
my living room used to look like a dealership cause i kept all my bikes there ..lol the garage was already full with the stunt bike on the trailer and my equipment

·
Registered
19 Posts
No doubt I'm originally from Ft Lauderdale, Fla now living in the Georgia mountains I own my bike outright so no Comp on it and when I go to Atlanta Bike night's the bike don't leave my sight, hell I have run more than 1 traffic light in Downtown Atl because some questionable looking F*cker started walking up to me at a stop light it's the wild west out their when you are on a bike best to never assume it's safe!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
No doubt I'm originally from Ft Lauderdale, Fla now living in the Georgia mountains I own my bike outright so no Comp on it and when I go to Atlanta Bike night's the bike don't leave my sight, hell I have run more than 1 traffic light in Downtown Atl because some questionable looking F*cker started walking up to me at a stop light it's the wild west out their when you are on a bike best to never assume it's safe!
there was a gang down here called the latin kings that used to run out infront of bike so the rider would lock up the brakes and usually low side then they would pick up the bike and ride away

·
Registered
653 Posts
it was a 09 so they probably thought it was a 600 or 1000 based on looks lol...but sorry to here that man...I think about where Im going to leave my bike everytime I get off it. I plan on moving out and getting a apartment soon, I plan on leaving my bike here in the garage and just come back home and park my car here when I want to ride it. I might start this overnight shift at this job as well and Im scared to ride it to work seeing as it will be pitch black. I see people riding crusiers and street bikes there though but I dont know how a lime green sports bike would fare.

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
there was a gang down here called the latin kings that used to run out infront of bike so the rider would lock up the brakes and usually low side then they would pick up the bike and ride away
Seems like kind of a stupid way to steal a bike. It's going to be all damaged and rashed up severely lessening its value.

sorry but i laughed...who steals a 250
I didn't laugh but still was wondering who steals a 250.
They're nice bikes but not exactly one that you'll steal :confused:

·
13,060 Posts
it was a 09 so they probably thought it was a 600 or 1000 based on looks lol...but sorry to here that man...I think about where Im going to leave my bike everytime I get off it. I plan on moving out and getting a apartment soon, I plan on leaving my bike here in the garage and just come back home and park my car here when I want to ride it. I might start this overnight shift at this job as well and Im scared to ride it to work seeing as it will be pitch black. I see people riding crusiers and street bikes there though but I dont know how a lime green sports bike would fare.
A 250 looks like a 600 or 1000 to the untrained eye but it's pretty easy to tell the difference with even a tiny bit of knowledge, mainly the headlight.

I would imagine a bike thief would be able to tell the difference between a 250 and it's bigger brothers.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that man! I can't believe people have the nerve to do that. Do bike theives ever get caught? I ask because you don't hear many stories about people getting their bikes returned. And if that's the case, it's no wonder why so many people resort to stealing. I would never even think of doing something like that. Reading this makes me reconsider riding my bike to work where I'd have to park in a parking garage in the middle of the worst part of the town I work in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry but i laughed...who steals a 250
I honestly don't blame you, I laughed a little my self because there are a couple Harleys just a couple apartments down that weren't touched. Either they were too heavy or these are just dumb criminals. I even had stickers on it that said 250R so that had to have know what it was.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that man! I can't believe people have the nerve to do that. Do bike theives ever get caught? I ask because you don't hear many stories about people getting their bikes returned. And if that's the case, it's no wonder why so many people resort to stealing. I would never even think of doing something like that. Reading this makes me reconsider riding my bike to work where I'd have to park in a parking garage in the middle of the worst part of the town I work in.
Yes they do get caught!

Specially if they're really stupid like the guy who stole my 2003 ZX6RR. He got caught not two miles from where I live about a week after he stole my bike, racing another stolen bike. A state trooper spotted them going over 100 MPH and took chase the guy on my bike decide to do a 180 and head South while the other bike kept going North, he lost it on the wet road and totaled my bike.

The guy was OK but he spent 4 months in jail and had to repay all costs associated with stealing my bike, e.g. Lawyers, Court Room, Insurance Company, Parole Officer, even my $500 Deductible. He ended up paying close to $15K for a three year old ZX6RR with over 30K miles on it. IDIOT!! I would've sold him my bike for $4K.

Thieves are the lowest form of life on this planet and most if not all lack the brains to have any common sense.

:mad:

·
13,060 Posts
Yes they do get caught!

Specially if they're really stupid like the guy who stole my 2003 ZX6RR. He got caught not two miles from where I live about a week after he stole my bike, racing another stolen bike. A state trooper spotted them going over 100 MPH and took chase the guy on my bike decide to do a 180 and head South while the other bike kept going North, he lost it on the wet road and totaled my bike.

The guy was OK but he spent 4 months in jail and had to repay all costs associated with stealing my bike, e.g. Lawyers, Court Room, Insurance Company, Parole Officer, even my $500 Deductible. He ended up paying close to $15K for a three year old ZX6RR with over 30K miles on it. IDIOT!! I would've sold him my bike for $4K.

Thieves are the lowest form of life on this planet and most if not all lack the brains to have any common sense.

Well I'd rate them above child abusers, rapists, molesters, and rapists in general but yeah, definitely bottom of the barrel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes they do get caught!

Yea I can only hope that happens to the guy that stole mine. My guess is I'll never see it again but who knows, my uncle had his truck stolen and it was found 3 years later 2k miles away

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Well I'd rate them above child abusers, rapists, molesters, and rapists in general but yeah, definitely bottom of the barrel.
they should all have their hands cut off.
-Cody

1 - 20 of 71 Posts